Author Thread: profile picture tip for women on here
Admin

profile picture tip for women on here
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:16 AM

Hi everyone. I just wanted to bring something up that may help the ladies when making profile pictures. I have noticed many instances when there is a profile with only 1 photo on it, and the photo is of either some beautiful scenery, a puppy, or something else that is very nice, but it is obviously not a pic of the woman who owns the profile. The ONLY thing I am looking for, when I am looking through profiiles, is a pic of YOU - the woman I am thinking about possibly contacting. Other irrelevant pics I have seen are pics of 2 women standing side by side, arms around each other - it's obvious (I would think) that this is of you and a close friend or sister, but which one is you??? If you do not tell us, we do not know. I know I am not the only guy who is confused by this. Another picture type that I think is in poor taste is one where it is obvious that you have cut out your ex boyfriend / husband from the photo. Another type of photo that is probably not a good idea is one of you from high school - you may have been prettier / slimmer / fitter, etc back then but you also had big 80's hair - which is a dead giveaway that either you aren't up on fashion at all, or this is a pic of you from 1987, not this year. Also, profiles with no pics at all do not get a response by me. Digital cameras are very affordable these days - do yourself a HUGE favor and get a pic to post.

I just wanted to post this on here to let the women here know that we men are very visually driven and we want to see a photo of YOU, not of your cute puppy, not of the scenery from your last vacation, not of you and someone else and we have to try and guess which one owns the profile. Not of you and the left arm of your ex husband around your shoulder. And certainly not a profile without a pic. I just wanted to let women know this because if they post pics like this or no pics at all, they will not be hearing from me. I am willing to bet that most of the men here agree with me on this one. I am not saying this to be mean in any way; I am saying this to try to help someone out who may not have even thought of how their profile may be perceived when they put pics like this up as their only pics. If you have done this and you aren't getting many responses, I will guarantee you this is why.

I love everyone here and I want you to have success and find the mate God has for you, and I feel that photos like this (or no photos at all) really hurt your chances. As a guy, I just wanted to let you know how pics like this are perceived by the men of the site, well, at least by THIS man.

Blessings to you,

Derek

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 04:45 PM

Hi Derek:

You viewed my profile and you didnt contact me and I dont have any of those things you said.lol

You want to give me some pointers jk if you do be nice....lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 08:43 PM

:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2009 09:06 AM

The reason I post pictures and only talk to those with pictures is that you can tell a lot about a person by their picture. You can tell if they take life to seriously, to easy, or in stride. You can also tell if they take care of themselves, are clean, are messy, or are a neat freak. The old saying is true "a picture is worth a thousand words."

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2009 07:14 PM

Reading through a lot of the comments on here I have to say that those condemning the O.P. should not judge him or need to walk the walk if they are going to talk the talk.

As much as we'd all like to act like a personality is everything, looks can be an indicator of how well someone takes care of themself or how much emphasis they put on grooming habits. Under prayer and meditation on the matter, I feel God has led me to understand that I should not seek a spouse solely upon looks. In other words, if you are considering marrying someone for their beauty and they have zero personality and are an ungodly person...this is where it becomes sin. But being attracted to someone or wanting a spouse you are attracted to physically isn't a sin, as long as it's not completely physical and you are choosing to focus on the person as a whole.

A person with no teeth might not value oral hygiene and a fellow who doesn't groom himself well might not put much emphasis on orderliness...this stuff applies to both genders, but "don't let looks be the only factor" is generally the message here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2009 10:45 PM

PraiseBassist, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments. Looks are not the only factor, but for those who seem to think looks don't matter - it's all about what's inside, etc., come on, let's be real - physical attraction (or lack thereof) IS a big factor in selecting a mate. After all, this is supposed to be for life, and you don't want to spend the rest of your life with someone you are not at all physically attracted to. At least I don't. And I am honest enough to admit it. I do not think there is anything pious, holy, or wise about seeking a physically unattractive mate or not caring about looks at all.

That being said, that is only 1 factor out of many that should be considered when selecting a mate. How well you get along, "chemistry", what you have in common, etc., is all very important as well. And even though I may not have mentioned it here (because I am assuming we are all Christians here and that we here all have it), their relationship with the Lord is of utmost importance as well.

This is a point I would emphasize more if this were not a Christian dating forum, however, since this is CHRISTIAN dating for free.com and not just datingforfree.com, I am assuming that everyone here is a Christian who has a relationship with the Lord, and is here looking for another Christian to date or marry, and not just looking for some hot thing to hook up with regardless of their faith or lack thereof.

I also agreed with the ladies here about how men should post good profile pics too. What is good for one gender is good for another for sure.

Anyway, good post Bassist. I agree with you.

Derek

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 11:35 AM

Ya see, it doesnt matter what girls look like or when they took the picture you really should be judging by personality because in time beauty fades anyway, then you may realize that this person has a horrible personality but a great face... you are selling yourself short that way, there is other beauty besides whats on the outside..

nkaleugher

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2010 09:32 PM

Thanks for the tip Dereck but sometime photos dont do a person any justice good or bad.:nahnah:

Page : 1 2