Author Thread: A few months back...
Admin

A few months back...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 09:36 AM

I started talking to this one man I met on here. He was good looking, charming, successful and sincere about his relationship with the Lord. We hit it off right away. We messaged eachother throughout the day then exchanged email and finally numbers. I really started to like him, but the problem was our locations. He lived 5 states away from me. Well at least I thought that was the only issue. After a short while I started to feel this man was only really interested in one thing. Needless to say I stopped talking to him, but now I'm a bit iffy about some of the men on here. This is a Christian dating site not a "hookup" site which I think some think that it is.

Does anyone have any thoughts? And is this common?

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 11:22 AM

This subject comes up quite often for both men and women. Yes, this is common. Just look a couple posts down and you`ll see the same post from a man.

Online dating is good practice for your Godly discernment.

TRUUST

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 01:49 PM

IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE BUT....MY EXPERIENCE IS ALSO THE SAME....LIKE THE SISTER ...:(

BUT REALLY GOOD EXPIRIANCE AND TEST OF OUR TEST IS THAT ONLINE DAITHING...

LORD HELP US ALL TO FIND WHAT WE NEED THE TRUE CHRISTIANS TO FIND TRUE CHRISTIANS DEAR LORD!!!!

AND GIVE U A GLORY IN THEIR WHOLE LIFE!!!

IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,:angel::angel::prayingm::prayingf:

AMIN

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 05:22 PM

I'm partially responsible. There were somethings I overlooked which I never should have. I'm hoping this time around will be different. That this time around I'll be bold enough to stand my ground and not fear being lonely. Thank you for sharing!

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 05:23 PM

I'm partially responsible. There were somethings I overlooked which I never should have. I'm hoping this time around will be different. That this time around I'll be bold enough to stand my ground and not fear being lonely. Thank you for sharing!

faithink1

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 09:37 PM

honestly i think its like this everywhere. the single christian men i encounter in my area are so few and far between. and for whatever reason,( be it they were not really christian, thought they were, or were too influenced by the ways of non christian society) the ones i had dated or gotten to know, had only one agenda.

i dont think it matters where you go, but it definitely is quite a learning experience, and quite a difficult trial. where once one may have had faith and trust, may later come out hesitant and suspicious. the trick is keeping that faith and trust while being cautious, and keeping in mind what is really important

but i think of it this way, im not in such a hurry anymore lol ,and it has really put what is truly important in perspective. and i thank god (not for the opportunity to be here to meet someone), but for the opportunity to fellowship with others here who are experiencing the same trials as i.

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 13 Dec, 2011 08:35 AM

Thank you! :) God bless you!

EverythingMe

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 15 Dec, 2011 11:46 PM

It's definitely common, on both sides of the ball.

I was getting to know a girl on here, we really kicked it off and where on our way to good things. Then i started seeing signs like her looking at inappropriate photos of guys private parts or her asking "my size". I've been asked some very inappropriate things from supposedly christians.

It's sad, but they way it goes sometimes. Some people aren't what they seem. One of my favorite verses from a song speaks volumes "Everything that's pretty aint always good for you"

Sorry you had that experience, i know first hand how hard it is to stand up from that. But I learned from your post, i have to stop being afraid to be alone and stand on my own two feet so thank you. I'll be praying.

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 16 Dec, 2011 06:57 AM

Thank you so much for sharing! :) God bless you in all that you do!

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 17 Dec, 2011 10:53 AM

Sister, you should have asked the Lord to show you about everything the man is about. The Bible says the heart of a man is desperately wicked, who can know it. The Lord knows every heart and I would like to say that not every man or woman that call himself or herself a christian is really a person that has relationship with the Lord.

They asked the Lord who His mother, brothers ad sisters were and He replied that those who had relationship with Him and the Father, not those who were identified with the temple of the Lord.

We are in the age of wickedness and it's only the Lord that can lead us aright. Just hold on to God and ask Him to direct your paths in prayer.

View Profile
History
A few months back...
Posted : 18 Dec, 2011 08:44 AM

Amen! Thank you! And you're right I should have been praying more about it.

Page : 1 2