Author Thread: Being Asked to Communicate Out of This Site
Admin

Being Asked to Communicate Out of This Site
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 08:31 PM

I am amazed at the number of men who ask, on this site and ones like it, for you to communicate with them off of this site, when the sites themselves clearly say not to do that until you know the person well and feel comfortable doing so. You have to be safe on here. Especially ladies. I have been asked to communicate off of this site and had men give me an outside email address or yahoo web id to do so. I just find that unbelievable and a bit disrespectful given the fact there are posted warnings about not communicating off the site or being wary about people who ask you to communicate off the site. I would appreciate it if people using this site would take into consideration my safety and appreciate me protecting it. If a man cannot think about my safety now why would I think he would do so if we dated or married.

God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2009 04:34 AM

Many women do the same thing. If they include contact information and a request to communicate through other sources, I forward it to admin. That is usually the last time you see them on here. The admin team is very serious about our protection here, I would advise making use of them.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2009 05:42 PM

Oh Leon, you are so not gonna like this ~ but have to confess. I've been bugging someone here about giving me a call for what seems like forever (hi David :-) who happens to live many states away. Didn't even consider that to be out of line.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2009 07:04 PM

It is not out of line if both of you are okay with it. But in a first communication it is pushy and makes others wonder what is up. I was also talking more about people sending their web email address. Why would you want to email off site? This is free, and safe. That is more along the lines of what I meant.

But be careful anyway Rose.

Blessings,

Leon

bluebeard96

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 08:52 PM

I give contact info, but don't force the issue. Fact is, it's far easier to communicate by regular email than by having to log in to view/reply/etc. I give the option. If the other person is comfortable, ok. If not, ok as well.

I like the other systems that give you "blind" email addresses that you can email back and forth, but without giving out your personal email address. That's a lot to ask from a free site though.

I wouldn't make too much of it. If someone asks, and you're not comfortable, say so. If they don't react kindly, then you've just ruled out somebody and saved yourself some time.

That's my opinion.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 07:46 AM

Bluebird, I totally agree with you. While I wouldn't give out my personal contact information at first. After communicating with someone a couple of times and I felt comfortable, I don't see any problem communicating outside of the site as it is much easier. But noone should try to push the issue, if the other person is not comfortable with it.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 07:47 AM

oops, sorry I meant bluebeard. I hate that you can't see the message in which you're replying to.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:21 AM

if they ever ask that and tell you to go to a yahoo address or use a yahoo im be warned ive been almost scammed by the few whom have slipped through. both women automatically asked me to go and do this when i first started on this site, so be careful when they do this and stay safe.

Reverend Will

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 01:23 PM

I too have been almost scammed by 2 men. Thanks. God Bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 06:00 PM

If I feel comfortable I will communicate outside of this site.