Author Thread: Why Are We Here? Really?
PeterStuff

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 10:38 PM

Well, i've not been here for long, but i've been wondering why we are all here. Seriously.

Sorry if this question sounds jumbled, but what made you come here? Some people have got very glowing profiles and i keep wondering how comes they've not been picked in the "real world." Is it that we believe our profiles but the people around us know pretty well that we are just too much trouble?

From the many people who log in daily,i guess that people are really serious about looking for a mate. However, i don't understand how these people cannot see others who have glowing profiles. is it that we are not really being honest with each other?

This being a Christian and a Dating site, i expect that people here wud be honest with each other;

In all the profiles that i've gone through (at least for my region,) i haven't seen anyone asking for a handsome man, (though i've seen a couple asking for a white man "from Europe:laugh:") but few people have been bold enough to say that they are looking for a "good looking man." but how come people are so obsessed with photos? Is it really possible for you to know that a man is God-fearing, caring, & and all the politically correct words, by simply looking at the photo?"

Why can't someone just say "I'm looking for a good-looking man, someone who earns at least X$ a year" is it the fear of appearing carnal?

Just wondering.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2011 06:25 AM

i guess the people who are still asking for a cute,rich European man is not dead to self and very blind to who God is...

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2011 01:23 PM

DEAR BROTHER I THINK AND GUESS,THE ANSWER TO U QUESTION ABOUT " Some people have got very glowing profiles and i keep wondering how comes they've not been picked in the "real world." IS LIKE IN MY CASE ,EVEN I'M A BIT OLDER THAN U WEEL ALMOST DOWBLE U AGE:p)

IS : THAT WE ( ME AND PEOPLE AT MY AGE ) DON'T HAVE INVAREMENT TO MEET OTHER SUITABLE PARTNERS IN OUR AGE ....

WELL, I CAN EXPLANE MY CASE.....OH...IT'S HARD....I JUST LEFT MY CHURCH...IT WAS A CULT.....I REALLY HAD A GOOD FRIEND THERE....BUT.....MAYBE HE JUST IS AFRAITING VERY MUCH TO MEET THE TRUTH AND FOR ME IT'S....NOT VERY GOOD IN GROWING US SPIRITUALLLY....

WELL BUT NOW I EVEN FEEL SO LONELY SOMETIME WITH MY "TRUTH" I NEED TO FIND THE GOOD CHUCRH THAT WILL FIT ME...I PRAY BUT.....I'M STILL ON MY ONE....:( ABOUT MEN.....WELL TO BE HONEST I DON'T STRAGLE FROM THE LUCK OF THEIR ATTENTION AT ALLL....:p) (ALTHOU I DON'T FEEL I'M BEAUTIFUL MAYBE AT LEAST FRIENDLY AND CHARMING:) WOW...SOUNDS A BIT MODEST....SORRRY..:purpleangel:.)JUST TO BE HONEST I ALSO HAD THAT QUESTION IN MIND WHEN I MET LOVELY PROFILES HERE ...BUT I'M GLAD LORD HELPED ME TO KNOW THE ANSWER AND MAYBE THAT PEPLE DEAR BROTHER HAVE MORE EXPECTATIONS IN LIFE AND NOT EVRYBODY IS OK FOR THEM,PLUS THE NOT SO YOUNG AGE...U SEE...IT'S GETTING MORE COMPLICATED ....:(

WELL I JUST PPAY FOR EVRYBODY TO BE HIS WILL NOT OURS!!

BECOUZE IT'S THE BEST!!!!!

LOVE TO ALL IN HIM,:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::purpleangel:

VANI

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2011 08:02 PM

My purpose for joining this site was to meet someone that shared my values as a Christian. As a survivor of a marriage that became abusive, I emerged a stronger person. As a woman in today's world, I want to meet someone on this site for the quality of a relationship not the physical appearance or the size of the paycheck.

Why haven't I found someone? It could be my age, my appearance, my body shape...who knows? I have faith that if God intends for me to have love in my life that it will happen.

I am not deceitful or dishonest. I am on here with the noblest intentions. Hope this helps to clarify why some of us are here and why we are still in search of love....

PeterStuff

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2011 10:57 AM

Thanks Vikiie for setting the ball rolling. Unfortunately, i think the issue of finding a rich white man is quite common in many African countries. I have nothing against inter-racial marriages, i find it to be extremely naive for someone to think that just because someone is white, that person will be more generous with his wallet and eager to treat her like a queen. It's so sad.

PeterStuff

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2011 11:10 AM

@Trust & Cathy,

I think i should also state why I'm here. I'm in a small church where gals are really few. The population is like 70, including toddlers and fathers.

The one chic that I'd love to date, is the sister to the pastor. Now, that makes t very difficult. I just can't join another church simply because i'm looking for a chic. Furthermore, i've got very conservative values that the average chic on the street might find odd.

I just think that we should be honest with each other. and be open on what we are looking for. Something like a checklist.

EverythingMe

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2011 11:37 PM

I came here looking for something different, to be seen for my beaming personality not by looks and be among my christian family.

Sadly, looks are apart of the overall decision as to whom to date and who not. Plain and simple, look at your "My Matches", all you can see are photos. When you send someone a message, they look at your message, then profile, and don't respond if they don't wanna talk. This facet of this site makes it very much like reality or the real-world and all rules still apply. It's the same as meeting someone on the street and they tell you they want a good man etc. but behind that she wants a "good looking man etc". Just the way it is. If they were to just come out and say what they were looking for, then he face they put on would be a lie and they couldn't hide behind it anymore.

Not all people are like that and i've met some truly amazing people here. But it's the tough reality, looks and perception are #1 at times.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 17 Dec, 2011 11:59 AM

Brother Peter,

Jesus asked a question about whom people knew Him to be. He got different answers and opinion. He knew whom He was and when Peter answered the question by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Jesus was able to attest to Peter's declaration of who He was.

The question 'why we are here?' will never be answered until we can answer the question 'who are we?' In my university days, I used to tell my friends the companies I would not go and work (even though they may be high-paying companies). Working there will never be possible because it is not in line with who I am. Until the question of personality is solved, we will never be able to get many things right.

If we look around us today, we will see that worldliness has entered into the church. Why? The church has not been able to realize her personality. We are influenced all around by what we see, but it should not be.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 17 Dec, 2011 12:24 PM

You are right with what you said about our African people. I am from Africa and live there. But what I want everybody to know is that the last days are days of selfishness and pride and boasters. Many christian men and woman have fallen prey into the hands of wolves because they have set standard on ephemeral things and the Bible says we are to focus on things from above (Colossians 3:1).

The yardstick that we must use to measure our desire is primarily the Word of God, but many times, we overlook that and follow lustful desires.

May God help us to know Him the more so that we can have understanding of who we are and His mission for us on earth (Amen).

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 8 Jan, 2012 07:05 PM

I'm here because guy friends stink.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 8 Jan, 2012 07:55 PM

I'm here mostly out of curiosity. I was looking for forums where I could talk to people, and I've always wondered what kind of people would be on a Christian Dating site.

Honestly, I'm a little confused by some of the profiles too. Seems like a lot of the guys could probably find a girl if they wanted, and the girls very much so as well. The only thing that bugs me about a good lot of the guys profiles is how they talk up about them selves then get on the forum, and the chats and what not and talk about how no one talks to them and how much Women are vain and mean and won't talk to them. I've seen ladies do that too.

To the fellas; when I see that in you, it makes me think "Well, no wonder you are single. If I guy came up to me with that attitude, I'd prolly walk away from him too."

Just because you have met a few people who are rude or wrecks, doesn't mean that they all are. I know I'm picking on the guys but it relates to the girls too. If all you do is rag on the guys, they aren't going to want to spend time with you.

Page : 1 2