Author Thread: Why Are We Here? Really?
PeterStuff

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 10:38 PM

Well, i've not been here for long, but i've been wondering why we are all here. Seriously.

Sorry if this question sounds jumbled, but what made you come here? Some people have got very glowing profiles and i keep wondering how comes they've not been picked in the "real world." Is it that we believe our profiles but the people around us know pretty well that we are just too much trouble?

From the many people who log in daily,i guess that people are really serious about looking for a mate. However, i don't understand how these people cannot see others who have glowing profiles. is it that we are not really being honest with each other?

This being a Christian and a Dating site, i expect that people here wud be honest with each other;

In all the profiles that i've gone through (at least for my region,) i haven't seen anyone asking for a handsome man, (though i've seen a couple asking for a white man "from Europe:laugh:") but few people have been bold enough to say that they are looking for a "good looking man." but how come people are so obsessed with photos? Is it really possible for you to know that a man is God-fearing, caring, & and all the politically correct words, by simply looking at the photo?"

Why can't someone just say "I'm looking for a good-looking man, someone who earns at least X$ a year" is it the fear of appearing carnal?

Just wondering.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2012 03:13 AM

Im here because I need fellowship... and a Christian wife :)

Ken

ladywisdom777

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 20 Jan, 2012 09:22 AM

Okay here is my personal truth. I apologize if its sort of long. Sometimes I wonder why I am here at all. I think about deleting my profile sometimes, but I don't because it provides me with some good conversation with Christian men that I would never be able to have if it weren't for this site. And I keep HOPING for that certain special someone to come along.

On the surface I say I am not here for what most people are here for which is to find a mate. But maybe if I search deep inside of myself I am looking for that too. BUT I know that i have to heal from this broken relationship first.

As far as looks go that is something we all do look at photos to see if its the type of person we will click with. If they meet our inner criteria for a friend or potential mate. Im not sure why we do this, we just do. Its complicated and even though we are Christians sometimes the flesh takes over and we are judgemental of looks whether we want to face it or not. It would be easier to all be in a room together to get to know each other "for real". But since that is never likely to happen we have this site which is imperfect, yet it serves its purpose.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2012 09:46 AM

Hello!

I just wanted to comment this thing about looks :) it is not all about looks, but there is part of that too. Why didn't God create us like same bubbles with different content so we could only see inner things? I think He made us looking certain way on purpose, there is nothing bad about looking at photos :)))

God bless

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 3 Feb, 2012 11:33 PM

Sevda I agree. I have been on this website for quite a while and I 100% agree with what you are saying. There are numerous references to beauty and looks in the bible. God never intended us to be blind. I have seen many posts over the past few years talk extensively about how that you should discount what a person looks like as "that does not matter to God." While I agree God doesn't assign worth to outer beauty the same way we do, his words in the bible are rife with references to physical beauty.

The answer to why so many of us are on here (and stay on here) ties in quite nicely I think. Where else is there such ludicrous displays of legalism than here on this website? Most of us are probably here on this website because it is difficult in today's world to meet good Christians with who you share common values. But then there is also a disproportionate amount of people on here because they would have difficulty dating due to their bizarre beliefs. Many of the persons who post on these forums are expressing what can only be termed extreme ideas of relationships and Christianity. That's not exactly an attractive quality to the majority of believers. I honestly think if you espouse some of these ridiculous ideas (such as looks not being part of attraction) in your daily Christian life; you WILL end up on a dating site trying to find a date because you alienate everyone who actually knows you. Extremism is unattractive in whatever form it may take.

Personally I am on here because due to the nature of my employment I move frequently. I really would love to find a healthy Christian relationship. I see so many beautiful women on this site who also have profiles that reflect a beautiful person on the inside. But then I read the forums and I KNOW why some of these persons can't find a date. We are all mainly here to find dates. However, the site is also a haven for those who probably would have difficulty in face to face dating so they are also represented here. I apologize if I have offended anyone but I have been around this site long enough to see some patterns.

abisella

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 7 Feb, 2012 02:54 AM

I have been in the site for years now and I promised my self that the day I find a guy who 1st and foremost knows how to talk to his maker regardless of his profile and photo maybe then al make a move. am always at the prayer room but trust you me am always alone

Littlelin9

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 08:04 PM

I am on this site because I'm lonely and I want to find a man who loves the Lord more than me...then he will be open to love me according to God's plan. I've tried other sites but thought for sure the men on this site would be more dedicated to the Lord. Now I wonder. yet, I continue...hoping that maybe this is where God will lead me to find the right one.

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 15 Feb, 2012 04:22 PM

I think the reason I'm here is because I live in a very small town, and there just aren't many places to go to meet people. Not just men, but friends who are girls. I mean, blink in this town and you miss it. I grew up here, moved away, and moved back about a yr and a half ago..so I'm friends on facebook with people I went to school with, but we don't hang out. I go to my family's house. That's about it. And I know I'm looking for a Christian man who will love me, as well as my kids, because like many of us on here, it's a package deal. So, this site, I thought, was maybe an option. I hope for good results, but who knows.

One man's profile said that a woman needs to know her place in the home...when a man says that I can feel my blood start to boil. Yes, a woman should respect her husband, but trust is earned. (By both though.)

I'm a really friendly person, I'll talk to anybody...people in the store that I don't know from Adam. Lol. So to some men I may come across as, I don't know, maybe I talk too much. ???

angy005

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2012 10:47 AM

my brother u just asked a question which everyone of us should start searching our hearts and find out why are we really here as u asked.

All of us has these nice profiles but are we who we say we are . is this really a place to find our soul mates. honestly this is a difficult question to answer as u said why are we not picked from where we are.

i have realsed that some people has joined these site just to persue their own selfish reasons and they are those who are honest people and they believe to find what ever they are looking for.

i myself has joined to meet new people to fellowship with but seriously i havent find that yet.

KyleKowalevicz

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 12:05 PM

well, for me, I'm here because it is very rare to find good christian girls my age where I live, most people seem to care more about they're own pleasures.. and fear the idea of a force they cant control or force to do what they want (god)

so they reject it, even when they know deep down inside he is real.

and for my church.. there seems to only be older women there, all the people there who were around my age, were only there for one main reason, either they want to feel clean, not to get close to god.. but to JUST feel clean, usually its for a sin in the past they want to forget

whether it was for sex, stealing, etc

and here, I have met many girls who actually want a connection with god, and want to grow closer to him and build a relationship with a man, and dedicate it to god.

whether its for a friendship or marriage :glow:

View Profile
History
Why Are We Here? Really?
Posted : 14 Apr, 2012 05:30 AM

I love give my opinion here. Just to meet other christian from other country. share the value of Christian. I dont think my main intention come here to find my partner or involve in date. I more prefer friendship online rather than relationship online. well honestly, be a single is sometimes I felt lonely. On free time, I can have some chat with anyone here. :rolleyes:

Page : 1 2