Author Thread: How can TWO walk together unless they Agree (Spiritually)
Admin

How can TWO walk together unless they Agree (Spiritually)
Posted : 22 Dec, 2011 11:49 AM

The divoce rate is about 50%

So it is important to Court a Believer In Jesus.

There are only two Biblical reasons for divorce.

Adultery & dessertion

1 Corinthians 7:10-11

Matthew 19:8-10

Unfortunately People date and then marry and then

Divorce for many kinds of things. Sad...

angy005

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 11:26 AM

i believe that according to the word of God if you got bornagain before you get maried you shouldnt be involved with the none believer, but if you become bornagain after you have maried your partner the bible make it clear what you should do.

�Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughters to their sons, nor shall you take their daughters for your sons. Deuteronomy 7:3

�An alien living among you who wants to celebrate the LORD�s Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat of it. Exodus 12:48

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife? 1 Corinthians 7: 12-16

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 (NIV)

Do not be misled: �Bad company corrupts good character.� 1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV)

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God� having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

wee_scotch_egg

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2012 12:54 PM

Thanks Angy you have just answered a question i have been pondering over and needing some bible guidence.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2012 05:14 PM

I totally agree with what Angy said. I remember going over most of those verses when I was wondering this same question awhile back.

I think it is best to marry a believer rather than an unbeliever (unless of course you become saved after marriage) because if you are saved, the most important thing for you is to focus on God and if you were with someone who has that same mindset, you will have much in common and the love will be much greater.

It's been hard for me that I haven't come across husband material yet.

aliesh_2012

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2012 02:05 AM

I agree with ma'm Angy!

always refer to the Word of God for guidance.. the Bible has a clear instruction regarding God's desired marriage and what to do if you have an unbeliever partner...so, choose rather a fellow believer of Christ. Seek God's will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:14 PM

Well, two people can never be same.. We need to except our differences. And learn to live with them..

And about divorce I don't see how people can separate like that if they truly love each other, sometimes they claim they loved each other at one point in time and now they don't each other anymore..

Can a love between a child and the mother fade like this? Is there a divorce between a mother and the child? In the face of pure love how can people think of divorce?

caes4

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 02:22 AM

What? no way. Divorce is not allowed under any circumstance i don't think? not even if adultery or desertion happens.

You can be separated, but you can't be divorced and you can't remarry. Unless you become a widow

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 05:10 AM

You can divorce for adultery...also if one spouse is believing and the other is not, the believing spouse can allow the unbelieving spouse to leave the marriage is he/she desires. However if the unbelieving spouse wants to stay married, there should be no divorce.