Author Thread: Do you pray for your unknown future spouse?
Admin

Do you pray for your unknown future spouse?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 08:57 PM

I have three kids (one is married), and for years I have prayed for their future spouses. Then one day it occurred to me to pray for my OWN future spouse. Duh! I pray as if I already know him. I ask God to prepare him for our marriage, to keep him safe, and to teach him the ways of the Lord.

By doing this, it makes it easier to stand the wait. It is funny, though, I miss him, whoever he is. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2012 12:36 PM

Hello Brother,

I don't think it's the length of time we have been praying for a spouse that takes precedence, but when we are truly ready in our Faith, God will open the door for our beloved to come into our lives.

God can say Yes, No, or Not at this moment to our questions/ prayers. It's up to us to discern what is in front of us.

Blessings,

David

thatdinosaur

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2012 10:46 PM

The thought has occurred to me times before, but even as a kid I couldn't conjure up imaginary friends and to me talking to a future husband seems awkward and I can't imagine it. Maybe he exists, but I talk to dead air

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2013 04:22 PM

I prayed all those prayers in those books and many others as well, in proxy throughout the abusive, unfaithful yrs. of "marriage". But, he was not willing to make the changes needed to walk in victory over his issues ie.. sins. I am a woman of much prayer, God has healed me of cancer thru. much prayer and has Blessed me with 2 great children that the Drs. said I would never be able to have. But, God:) And YES, I'm praying for my future husband. Trusting and Believing God to bring him forth in His time :) As He has promised within His Word to do. So looking forward to that day.

Page : 1 2