Author Thread: Do you pray for your unknown future spouse?
Admin

Do you pray for your unknown future spouse?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 08:57 PM

I have three kids (one is married), and for years I have prayed for their future spouses. Then one day it occurred to me to pray for my OWN future spouse. Duh! I pray as if I already know him. I ask God to prepare him for our marriage, to keep him safe, and to teach him the ways of the Lord.

By doing this, it makes it easier to stand the wait. It is funny, though, I miss him, whoever he is. :)

critmusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2012 11:48 AM

I've only asked the Lord to send her my way when the time is right. I must admit though, what you're doing for your kids and now yourself is awesome. I have never thought of that but now I'm gonna startpraying for her in that way as well. Thanks for the idea and good luck!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2012 06:57 PM

Critmusic,

Here's another idea. Buy the book "The Power of a Praying Husband" by Stormie Omartian and use it as a guide to pray for your future wife. I once used "The Power of the Praying Wife" to pray for a boyfriend (changing some things that didn't fit, since we weren't married) and he was amazed at the good things that started to happen in his life. :)

Blessings to you!

liz_kulet

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 06:52 AM

Yes I do..Yeah, I agree that it sounds funny at times. I do pray that he would come in a right time also. The time that both of us are ready in all aspects. I also pray that our marriage would last forever. I can say that your a great mom and a woman as well.

God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 08:43 PM

Thanks, Liz. :) I believe God will bless both of us with wonderful Godly men to share our lives with. To be able to talk to God through prayer is a wonderful blessing.

WCATTIL

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 11:59 PM

Yes i pray and asked God, who will be and when i meet my future spouse.

I don't lost hope that there is a perfectly made for me to be my partner in sickness and in health, richer or poorer and only God make us apart.

sutedya

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2012 05:31 AM

I already did it, I pray for my future spouse even I haven't found yet, I read a book written by Don Gossett "What you say is what you get!" We must submit and confess what is our need, because God says our word is powerful. What we say and believe will come true if we are not weakened. I know it's not easy when we face the reality that happen around us, but faith overcomes this world, God says.:prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2012 07:53 PM

Yes, I do this too. I pray for him and his walk with God. I pray for his safety. I've been waiting a long time, and I kind of wish he would hurry up and get here already, but I know God is always on time and never late. He is preparing us both for each other. I can't wait to meet him, and I hope he is praying for me too :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2012 06:18 PM

How long have you all been praying?

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2012 05:53 AM

I think I started seriously praying for my future spouse around the time I finished high school...so nearly 11 years.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2012 06:01 PM

bcpianogirl, has God revealed anything about your future spouse to you?

Page : 1 2