Author Thread: annoyed when people ask "why are you single?"
ladywisdom777

View Profile
History
annoyed when people ask "why are you single?"
Posted : 18 Jan, 2012 02:44 PM

I feel very annoyed when people ask me this as if I know the least bit how to answer that question. First of all I am very introspective and I am constantly looking to become a better person, more like Jesus and that he would fill me with the fruits of the spirit. So to answer part of the question that is unspoken, NO there is nothing "wrong" with me. I have had boyfriends all my life and have no problem finding (or keeping) men. Its just I have learned in my walk with Christ what it means to be in a loving relationship with the RIGHT man. So now I am far more picky I guess. And I have to "weed through all the weirdos" who CLAIM to be something that they are most definitely not. Second part of that question is I DONT KNOW WHY. I am not God and cannot say why I have not found my true soulmate yet. I cannot really say why I have been through what I have been through. BUT I most definitely will say that being single is a blessing, not a curse as most people see it. Life is far less complicated. But sometimes complicated is what we need to grow.

Please respond. I'd love to hear others points of view on this matter.

wee_scotch_egg

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2012 12:49 PM

Oh I get that all the time, "why are you single". They are even more suprised when I tell them i have never been married as if it weird.

ladywisdom777

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2012 01:10 PM

Thanks for your reply!! Yes!!! I heard this joke: "I've never been married, but I tell everyone I'm divorced so they dont think I'm weird." What's with that?!?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2012 09:30 AM

nope, I'm too young and weird to be asked this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2012 11:32 AM

I suppose people have different motives when asking that question. Though I'm a guy I get asked the same, they usually ask/assume afterwards, "too picky"? If I ever ask that question, "why are you still single"..it'd be more like, "how" are you still single, as in complimenting someone who is beautiful and has a lot going for them spiritually and mentally, that they are probably sought after by a ton of people.

IMO, Being single takes an effort from both parties, and for me is, in big part my choice, I do not have "high standards"(at least I don't think so), just seeking someone who is a practicing Christian, which many may fit, but the next question, are we mutually attracted(part of the whole package, spiritually, mentally..etc.)?

I'm assuming it may be similar for some, while others may be desperately waiting on someone, I don't know.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2012 07:33 PM

Just this evening, I had my first telephone conversation with a man I met from on here. Within the first 10 minutes of our conversation, he asked me where my "husband" is at. Now, per our conversation, he seemed to be an intelligent, Christian man. But, after that single question my question of where his mind was. I later found out that he was not a member of a church and needless to say that was the end of that contact.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2012 07:55 AM

Hi impassionedsoul,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience on here.It may be an idea to put who it was so that he does not try to decieve anyone else.Its sounds like he is trying to waste peoples time.Hope u find somone else who is genuine.God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2012 11:31 AM

I just had to comment on what you said.I recently found this site and joined about the time my subscription to Christian Mingle was expiring.That was my first experience with the online thing.I must say for me it has been VERY educational as a woman that has not been in the dating world in 25 years.I found that none of the men would ever talk to me.I would send an occasional smile or comment on their profile and most would never respond.Even the ones I just tried to talk to as a friend would quickly let me know that I was "not a match" for them.I did meet a couple of great ladies that I chatted with almost every day and I am keeping in contact with them via Facebook.I found that just like everywhere we go in life there is good and bad on a Christian site.Even a lot of the "so called Christians" both men and women showed things that I did not feel was a good witness in the chat rooms.As a Christian single woman,I feel that I need t take this time in my life to concentrate on my walk with the Lord and growing closer to Him.If I truly seek first His kingdom,He will send me the special one that He is preparing to spend the rest of his life with me.Too many "Christians" are trying to use these sites to pick someone up so in my opinion,it is no different than going to a bar.God bless you and keep the faith sister.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2012 07:48 AM

Just tell them you are an unclaimed gem.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2012 12:09 AM

I agree with sites as was on Plenty of Fish and Date Hookup and believe me most of these guys don't want to email but once and if you can even get four or five words from them it is amazing. Don't know why they are on the sites as it is a dating site.

This one has a chat live which I like and is the nicest one so far.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2012 12:45 PM

I feel the same!! I just want to know why people even ask that question. Or what answer do they expect from me?

Let me know, please, if you come up with a good answer:)

Page : 1 2