Author Thread: annoyed when people ask "why are you single?"
ladywisdom777

View Profile
History
annoyed when people ask "why are you single?"
Posted : 18 Jan, 2012 02:44 PM

I feel very annoyed when people ask me this as if I know the least bit how to answer that question. First of all I am very introspective and I am constantly looking to become a better person, more like Jesus and that he would fill me with the fruits of the spirit. So to answer part of the question that is unspoken, NO there is nothing "wrong" with me. I have had boyfriends all my life and have no problem finding (or keeping) men. Its just I have learned in my walk with Christ what it means to be in a loving relationship with the RIGHT man. So now I am far more picky I guess. And I have to "weed through all the weirdos" who CLAIM to be something that they are most definitely not. Second part of that question is I DONT KNOW WHY. I am not God and cannot say why I have not found my true soulmate yet. I cannot really say why I have been through what I have been through. BUT I most definitely will say that being single is a blessing, not a curse as most people see it. Life is far less complicated. But sometimes complicated is what we need to grow.

Please respond. I'd love to hear others points of view on this matter.

Chels82

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2012 08:15 PM

I totally understand! I haven't gotten that question lately but it is annoying when I do get asked it. I guess because I don't really know how to answer. Although I've started just saying, "I haven't found the right guy yet." And then I'll get asked, "Don't you want a boyfriend?" So then I reply, "Yes that would be nice, but I"m not going to go for just anyone. I'm not gonna settle for a guy who treats me horrible just so I can have a man. I know that God has one for me and when the time is right, it'll work. God's working on me and I believe He's also working on my future husband to prepare us!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2012 04:00 AM

I have never had anyone ask me why I am single, but if they did, I'd probably say: because I'm not married.

Jillybeanhk

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2012 05:52 PM

Good one Pjh!

mkteacher

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2012 10:47 AM

I have been asked that question a few times. . . I take it as a compliment, because I think the guys are wondering how a nice, attractive girl is still not taken. . . so, instead of letting it annoy you, let it bring a smile to your face!

aliesh_2012

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2012 12:38 AM

Agree!..:glow:

shin7scarlet1

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2012 03:30 AM

I get that question a lot too. I just tell them that, I'm waiting for my right soul mate to come

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2012 10:25 AM

I've been asked that question and I just respond well I just waiting for the right guy that God has reserved for me.

Sometimes I do think they ask not to be rude but as a compliment saying that they r actually attracted to u, but don't know how to tell u.

Of coarse, I wont go out wit anyone until i get to know them and find some connection and attraction towards that person.

:angel:

joshuagh

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2013 04:40 PM

Sorry i SMOKE and .....Annoyed when People ask..... why DO YOU SMOKE ? BEEN SINGLE been Annoyed.... When They ask Why are u not married ?So we all get tied in KNOTS over this +that. WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK ha ha I am SINGLE again .Marriage i tried my best AND was a good +Loving dad But guess What Derranged Wife DID NOTLIKE that. Anyway dont let them Drag you Down TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS ...GB X:hearts:

joshuagh

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2013 04:40 PM

Sorry i SMOKE and .....Annoyed when People ask..... why DO YOU SMOKE ? BEEN SINGLE been Annoyed.... When They ask Why are u not married ?So we all get tied in KNOTS over this +that. WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK ha ha I am SINGLE again .Marriage i tried my best AND was a good +Loving dad But guess What Derranged Wife DID NOTLIKE that. Anyway dont let them Drag you Down TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS ...GB X:hearts:

joshuagh

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2013 04:41 PM

Page : 1 2