Author Thread: a priceless date
One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 31 Jan, 2012 12:54 PM

We had been chatting for some time and agreed to meet. We chose an afternoon and a location both of us were familiar with in the historic "olde town" where we could be comfortable in the surroundings, lots to see and there are many shoppes and so on...

We didn't get far when we walked past one of the popular swanky restaurants when she turned to me, her face glowing with much delight, "Did you smell that food? The aroma is over the top! my mouth is watering..."

Being the nice guy that I am and not wanting to appear cheap, I thought "What the heck, I'll treat her"

So I extended my arm for her, we turned around and walked past it again...

:toomuch::ROFL::winksmile:

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 1 Feb, 2012 03:56 PM

:laugh: Nice one!

dove_serpent

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 1 Feb, 2012 10:33 PM

:yay::ROFL:

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 01:44 PM

One Sojourner,

So you didn't actually ask this lady if she wanted to go in and eat at this restaurant? And when you two turned around and walked towards it, you didn't stop and ask her? She probably wasn't sure if you really wanted to take her in there. This is my thinking. Maybe I'm wrong.

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 02:39 PM

So...is there a next date? :ROFL:

I would have just agreed to meet you at that restaurant and if you said No. Then we wouldnt have met.

Saved you both some time.

:eat::laugh:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 02:58 PM

Dear Flowers... this was only one of those corny jokes meant to amuse the reader... nothing more. It was an email from a friend of mine, I nearly choked on my coffee in the few seconds it took for when the punch line finally became clear to me, lol

ps. I'm all for fun and a laugh, would be cruel not to have a meal after that!:winksmile:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 04:22 PM

Dear Angel, a second date would depend on if she is willing to pay a second time... :excited: lol :goofball:

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 05:11 PM

You got me good! :laugh:

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 10 Feb, 2012 04:48 PM

I would have told you no upfront.:goofball:

I do not like stingy men.

:nahnah:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 10 Feb, 2012 06:35 PM

Well I would have to humbly accept a second free dinner date, :dancingp: :eat: :Mug: :buddies: :party: :ROFL:

btw... I am no cheapskate, I'd open doors and help you be seated... plus since you paid for the dinners the least I could do is pay the tip... hehehe:dunce::peace::ROFL:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
a priceless date
Posted : 10 Feb, 2012 06:36 PM

Well I would have to humbly accept a second free dinner date, :dancingp: :eat: :Mug: :buddies: :party: :ROFL:

btw... I am no cheapskate, I'd open doors and help you be seated... plus since you paid for the dinners the least I could do is pay the tip... hehehe:dunce::peace::ROFL:

Page : 1 2