Author Thread: Scamming "women"
Admin

Scamming "women"
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 11:08 AM

I've talked to quite a few "women" on here, but lately it's been fake people with real pictures of women. It's probably actually a guy. I don't know what they try to get in the end, but they really play it up to try to sound good and fit personal interest. I've seen some that give an abundance of information and others who give little information. Some are supposedly from the U.S., some from other countries. They are usually quite attractive from what I've seen, obviously only in the picures they put as their profile and not in real life. Overall I take it as a waste of time and I'm done with this type of communication. I know their are a lot of true Christians on here, but I've seen the opposite more than anything else.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 11:17 AM

Yes, Skidoo, I've experienced the same thing with scammer men. It is a shame that we get contacted by more scammers than Christians! But, there are still a number of real Christians on this site and some good fellowship here in the Forums.

I've sort of made it my "mission" to weed out the scammers and get them taken off the site. The Administration is very good about listened to our concerns and deleting scammer accounts. Of course, that doesn't leave very many real men in my age group (over 50)!

Perhaps we can use these unfortunate experiences to hone our discernment practices cuz we sure get a lot of practice here!

Best of luck in your search and walk cautiously through this "mine field." Real, honest, loving Christian women ARE here! Look for us on the Forums!

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 03:50 PM

Sorry to see you go, Skidoo, but I understand. I too have experienced much of what you and NRSV have experienced. It is a shame that we have to deal with this in here. But I also hang around the forums to see what the christians have to say and who knows who you might meet. God bless..:glow:

edelizaantoni

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 27 Feb, 2012 05:09 AM

so sorry bout your experience on women...by the way,they are not real christians!instead,we will pray 4 them.

QueenMysterious

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 12 Mar, 2012 03:32 PM

I'm new here and was a bit naive to the scamming going on. I wasn't even here for a week and some scamming guy sent me a message about liking my profile and wanting to communicate more with me off CDFF.. He gave me his email address and wanted me to give him mine. Red flag! After stating that I felt uncomfortable with giving someone my personal email after corresponding just once, he left me alone after that. The very next day his profile was banned because I guess he tried it to others. What do people get here by doing this?

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 13 Mar, 2012 06:47 AM

If you suspect a scammer, immediately report him to the Administration. You can do that either on the email you receive from "him," or on "his" profile.

I've got your back, do you have mine?

gary204

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 14 Mar, 2012 11:52 AM

the sammers are sooo obvious ask them to join you in chat in my case over 40s and dont ever go into yahoo on the first e maIL they will usually decline also ask them to give you their testimony and if they declare there love for you on the first message beware or laugh :laugh:i just tell them ive got no money they soon dont love me anymore :ROFL:

MiShell

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 14 Mar, 2012 06:37 PM

I didnt realize that your not suppose to give another email to people. I have given my yahoo email or ask if they want to chat on there just becasue it was easier for me and I felt like I could have better control. I have asked men if we could speak on the phone just so I could tell if they are who they say they are. Im new at this and not for sure of the rules. I have also had a man keep insisting on me to send pictures, I felt funny about that.

Jillybeanhk

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 16 Mar, 2012 05:47 PM

Hi all,

I am also new on here and have been contacted by about 10 scammers already. They always use other guys photos and ask you to go to another offline site. I just say no because only scammers ask that and by the next day I see they have been banned. You can also tell because of the bad english. So sad that there are so many of them wasting all our time.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 16 Mar, 2012 06:16 PM

Jillybean, please report scammers to the Administration. Thanks and blessings on your search!

verlinrandolph

View Profile
History
Scamming "women"
Posted : 24 Mar, 2012 08:16 AM

skidooo.... i agree with you absolutely....i had really joined this site with the honest intention of finding a beautiful mind with whom i could have a meaningful relationship. but over the last week or so i kept getting these one liners from so called beautiful women wanting to add me on yahoo to get to know more about me....fortunately before i could reply to most their profiles were banned by admin and a few actually do have my email n contact number...i'm failry new to the online dating scene and was naive about the whole situation....i seriously wonder now if it is worth at all continuing my search for a decent christian gal here...

Page : 1 2