Author Thread: Why no photo on a dating site?
MustangSteve

View Profile
History
Why no photo on a dating site?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 05:55 AM

Just wondering why some people come to a dating site, but don't post any photo's of themselves. It is not hard at all to get a photo put online, you can have that done about anywhere nowdays. Anyone know the logic or reason for this?

Kelliemi

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 12:05 PM

I think the number one reason is because people don't want others in their community to know that they are online looking for love. There is still a lot of judgement that comes along with online relationships, unfortunate but very true.

Another reason is because some people are scammers, you have to be very careful about those on online dating services trying to get money out of you.

Then there's me! I have a pretty face (so I think! :rolleyes:) but my body isn't all that great. I sometimes want to take my picture down because I get a lot of 'you're so pretty' - but there's so much more to me then just a nice face. There's my mother body (I have 3 children) , I'm chunky, I do not fit into the supermodel look and I never will. Hence - the non full body shot .

Anyway, I'm kinda baring my soul a little bit here, but if a man cannot love me for my physical imperfections, then I guess I will continue to be alone.

God bless!!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 02:49 PM

I have plenty of photos of myself already loaded on my PC. Leon already gave one of my answers when he said 2) They are nervous about posting photos on the web, but will send them if there is a connection. Also I am very active in my church which means that I'm pretty visable. Where I live is not a big place so since you don't have to be a member to view pics I don't want somebody from my church, work or family seeing my picture on a dating site.

chosenone458 your a bad girl...lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 03:05 PM

Alot of sites have this going on and I had a scammer contact me twice the same one using other's photo's he or she obviously was scammed before me (the one in the photo)(because of having the photo and using it and not the scammers real I.D.) FYI....DO NOT give out your personal email or email any photos to anyone. I have had only one experience and that is enough for me. I did not get scammed. Just to let you know just because you see a photo dont mean it is the person you are really talking or communicating with. Just take your time and watch for clues on every web site. I have turned the one I encountered twice to the admistraters and I dont think you can catch up with them fast enough. It can be to late for some but still turn them in.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2009 11:09 AM

Okay I have to comment, lol.

1. I believe anyone can copy your photo from this site and post it one another web page without you knowing about it, now to me that's scary but I don't know about you, so I don't blame some people who aren't posting their photos.

2. If you're a christian, should you care? hmmm....I certainly don't so I usually communicate with men that do not have their picture's posted. :) It depends on their profile.

3. Oh not to forget, some of the pictures posted are not even real so does it really matter?

I pray everone on this site was sincere and honest, yet that's not the case.

God Bless

Page : 1 2