Author Thread: Why no photo on a dating site?
MustangSteve

View Profile
History
Why no photo on a dating site?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 05:55 AM

Just wondering why some people come to a dating site, but don't post any photo's of themselves. It is not hard at all to get a photo put online, you can have that done about anywhere nowdays. Anyone know the logic or reason for this?

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 12:42 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the forums. This question comes up every week or two, and the answers vary according to who you get to post. I will try to give you a few of the most popular answers.

1) They don't want a man who is interested in them for their looks.

2) They are nervous about posting photos on the web, but will send them if there is a connection.

3) They feel they are not attractive enough due to the laundry list of requirements that most men post on their profiles, so they think they have a better chance if men get to know them before seeing their pictures.

This is by no means all of the reasons you will see, but I think these are the most common.

I am of the opinion that you get what you put out. If external looks are that important, that is what you will end up with, someone with external beauty. If you are more interested in the heart of a woman, you will get a woman who is beautiful on the inside.

The inner beauty and love of our Lord were the only requirements that I had, but God blessed me with a woman who is beautiful inside and out. But first, my heart had to be in the right place. I had to let go of that lust of the flesh and worldly outlook, as far as beauty is concerned. This lady is so amazing, that the longer I know her, the more beautiful she becomes. You will never have that if you are looking for outer beauty, all you will find with time is flaws.

Just my opinion,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 03:00 PM

I'll reply to this ~ as all I have available is a 'bunny' photo.

I'm sure there are many different reasons for having no photo. Mine happen to be that while I want to remain on this site ~ both to write on the forums, as well as to friends I've made here ~ I'm really not interested in having new people contact me. Now if someone new occasionally happens to write, especially if it's in response to something I've posted here...the I will reply ~ and usually attach a photo or 2 that I have available.

Well, that's my reasoning.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 03:08 PM

Good points Leon, as to why some women don't post their photos.

However, I do hope you have a list that applies to the men who don't have photos as well. Because if you do an advanch search, you will find more men on this site without photos and incomplete profiles, than women.

Surely, they aren't afraid or have the same reasons as the women...So do us ladies the honors and post as to why men don't post their photos or complete their profiles.. and I thank you... the ladies thank you... God thanks you... the world thanks you... we all thank you bbbery, bbery much :bow:...:ROFL::goofball: :yay:

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 04:11 PM

Ella,

between you and Lydia, I just can't get a break today. LOL. Most men, if they are honest, will have about the same reasons as the ladies. The ladies are usually more willing to tell the truth. We men usually still have pride issues that keep us from being that honest.

And I will remember you when I get finished dealing with Lydia. LOL.

Love and laughter,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 04:12 PM

I have plenty of photos of myself already loaded on my PC. Leon already gave one of my answers when he said 2) They are nervous about posting photos on the web, but will send them if there is a connection. Also I am very active in my church which means that I'm pretty visable. Where I live is not a big place so since you don't have to be a member to view pics I don't want somebody from my church, work or family seeing my picture on a dating site.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 05:53 PM

WHERE IS LYDIA!!??? :ROFL:... Leon,... LYYDIIAA!!!:ROFL:

Rose, it looks lile Lydia and I may need your help here with Leon. lol.

Chosen, you make a good point, but I would say so what if they saw your photo online? They themselves are mostly viewing the site for the same reason as you and the rest of us, and lost likely will post their own photo. So what if you see thier photo?... just say hi and keep it moving:waving:

I didn't post my photo for a couple of days because I wanted to see what would happen without a photo, and the behavior. And all those guys I sent a wink who didn't respond, until after, I now ignore, because this tells me something about who they are and what they are seeking.

Faith that is seen, isn't faith. For we as christians are to walk by faith and not by sight in all things. Faith also establishes a trust point in a relationship...

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 07:09 PM

ET,

Living in a small town, posting pictures on a site such as this can make life become very unbearable when kids find them. Also, it opens a person up for all sorts of interesting situations. A teacher I once worked with was fired when her students found her picture and profile (G rated) on a dating site. Late, it came out that they had been creating profiles and responding to her as a joke. I would rather not have that kind of fun in my life. A bit of adventure is great. That is NOT. :)

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 08:10 PM

ET

Another thing I didn't mention is that I'm a private person. I keep my business to my self. So I wouldn't want the people at my church, work or family to know what I'm doing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 10:37 PM

Chosen , now that makes a whole lot of sense. If you find someone of interest, and he is interested then you both can exchange photos privately. So why can't the guys understand this?... great expectations I suppose.:excited::goofball:

I think this is also the point Rose, or someone else made.

geeeezzz, I sure wish they had a quote button so we can have a guide to post our responses according to what others have said.... having senior moments after you have read the post, and then trying to post your response is hard, I forget before the page turns :rolleyes::zzzz::laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 11:39 PM

Well Steve it is like this....there are a lot of weirdos out there. I am more than a little afraid of posting my picture for strangers. Remember this picture is between me and you and millions of our closest friends.

Read a few books by Robert Ressler and John Douglass and you will find out just what kind of people you DON'T want seeing you at the mall who saw you online, and you did not know it.

Think about it.

Page : 1 2