Author Thread: Does Size Matter?
Admin

Does Size Matter?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2009 09:21 PM

Don't get the wrong idea! I just wanted to get your attention.

But the question remains the same: Do you care how thin a girl is? HONESTLY?

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 09:11 PM

Hey Love,

I know your question is for a guy, but I think most guys are afraid to answer the question truthfully, and because of the title of your topic, I think they are even afraid to open the thread to veiw your question... which is great!:yay:... but you have gotten a lot of views, but I bet they are from women. LOL

I knew it had to do with something about too being big...:yay:...too topic title is too funny!

I'm surprised our resident counselor, Leon, hasn't answered and all the other guys... Leon!... David!... Kidd!.... Walter!...Mike! where are you guys?:peace:

Good question...:winksmile:

ella

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 11:23 PM

Well Dear it is like this.....

Men should, and I say should love you because you have a big heart.

I have had to tell countless men..."a pretty face does not make for a pretty heart".

What kills me is that the men who judge large women without meeting them....often are resting their beers on their bellies that are so large that I often wonder if I will be delivering a boy or a girl!

Know what I mean, Jelly bean?

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 12:38 AM

Okay, since Ella called me out. I was trying to hide from this one.

I wish I could tell you that all men only look at the heart of a woman, but I don't think anyone would buy that, so I guess I have to resort to the truth. LOL. There are some men out there that really do only care about a woman's heart, but not many.

Before I alienate all the men on this site, let me say that many women are the same way. Male or female doesn't seem to matter when it comes to this issue. I am a big guy, and have run across this many times.

The truth is, until we stop looking at future mates as something to decorate our arm with, we are never going to have a lasting relationship. If you are following God's direction, you don't know what your mate will look like until God sends them to you.

We have his laundry list of requirements, that we know we are going to have to compromise on. Not me, I found a woman that fit everything on my list....of course my list only said that I must see her love for the Lord in everything she does. God blessed me far past my greatest expectations. Others asked me what type of woman I was attracted to, and I told them, I don't know, God hasn't sent her to me yet. However I know now.

We all need to back up a little and think about what is important. Choosing a spouse based even partly on looks, is not going to work. Those looks change, then what? We gave to leave these worldly ways behind, then God can bless us with who He wants. Don't we claim to be serving Him anyway? How about we do it in deed and not just word.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 12:42 AM

No it doesn' t matter to all men. It depends on there taste, some men like me prefer a woman that is overweight, not a lot but overweight. What the doctors tells you should weigh to me is to skinny.

So no size doesn't matter, you just have to find a guy who likes your size.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 10:35 PM

Bless your soul for the question. Wondering how many men saw it and ran for the hills.

There is also an opposite side...just as an FYI. The guy I am getting to know is not very happy with me right now because I am eating healthy and exercising. When he saw my collarbones for the first time this month he just about lost it. He is really upset because I am losing weight and he likes me just like I am.

He is currently talking of moving on because this bothers him so much. Now I have to get to my goal just to see what he does. Otherwise, it would seem as if there were a large IF and question mark hanging over my head. Totally amazed that he thinks my weight is open for his input.

Of course, God has a say. But at this stage, that's it.

Blessings,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 11:34 PM

If you have to ask this, the guy is not for you.

A guy could be justified in being concerned for health if someone is obese, or concerned for gluttony/laziness. Absent those issues, I don't see how having strong preferences is not valuing the external things that pass away instead of the hidden person of the heart.

Elisa, your guy already revealed he is superficial...why are you waiting to see if he manifests this in "moving on" as opposed to moving on yourself now, or praying for his repentance?

David

Elisa

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 12:15 AM

Hi David,

Darn good question.

Blessings,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 05:05 PM

Elisa, i'm concerned for you too...

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 05:53 PM

Christianguy,

You rock! It is not important that someone be a certain size to be beautiful, as true beauty comes from a heart for God. Personally the only reason that I would be concerned about a mans weight is if it were effecting his health or ability to participate in the activities that we enjoy together. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

Most of the profiles say that they are looking for the one that God has for them, well what if God has the perfect one for you with all of the godly character traits, but they are overweight? What then? Do we say no God? I want someone thinner or prettier etc.

Just the fact that we keep having this discussion on a Christian site is quite sad to me. Are we really this shallow?

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Does Size Matter?
Posted : 23 Feb, 2009 12:38 PM

It shouldn't matter, man looks to the outwards appearance, but God looks to the heart; 2 Samuel I believe... Leon.. can you lend a bro out with a verse #?

Seriously, 800+ years ago women with meat on their bones were considered healthy and rather desirable!! But then again without deoderant, sanitary conditions.. those people out there wielding swords.. can you imagine what they smelled like after a rough day of thwarting evil? :laugh:

Any real man who loves Jesus will love you exactly as you are, but for the sake of health and living out a long life without major health problems some of us would prefer an active lifestyle over sitting on the couch.. I don't even want a tv in my home.

Anyone who tries to change you into something else for whatever reason.. isn't worth talking to. Looks are the icing on the cake sis, and we're all guaranteed to end up gray and slightly prune-like in appearance.

Have a great day!

Page : 1 2 3