Author Thread: Favorite TV shows
Admin

Favorite TV shows
Posted : 20 Mar, 2012 03:12 AM

I still like Little House on the Prarie. I love Lucy. I LOVE Criminal Minds. A show I've recently started watching is called "Jail" and there's another one called "Lock Up". I love to watch shows about prisoners. And on the flip side of the coin, I like shows on Food Network. I like a show called "Chopped", and one called "Worst Cooks in America." I like the competitive shows.

View Profile
History
Favorite TV shows
Posted : 12 Apr, 2012 06:48 AM

i dont have cable and haven't for 8 years but i watch stuff online a lil bit. i love little house on the prarie, wife swap, dance moms cuz i was a ballerina for 12 yrs., and guilty the simpsons and family guy lol and doctumentaries

View Profile
History
Favorite TV shows
Posted : 31 May, 2012 12:50 PM

My favs are How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. I too, don't have cable, but I did subscribe to Netflix streaming. I've enjoyed watching random documentaries and Mythbusters.:applause:

OhZone

View Profile
History
Favorite TV shows
Posted : 23 Jun, 2012 02:55 AM

I recently added up all the years I didn't have TV and realized that it was easier to add the years I did! :)

Since 1986, I've only had TV for about five years, so it's been interesting exploring Hulu and Crackle and seeing these shows I've never even heard of. But for some reason, I keep drifting back to watching the shows from the early 90s and earlier.

These old shows are attractive partly due to the nostalgia (I watched Dukes of Hazzard and Incredible Hulk as a kid) but also the shows were clean--the most risque things were innuendo and Daisy Duke's short pants!

The shows (including theatrical movies) didn't resort to base humor to get a cheap laugh. There were rarely "burp" and "flatulence" gags.

Granted, however, the acting was mostly pretty bad (especially in the late 70s and early 80s for some reason), and plot lines were not too complicated or as interesting as today's shows like Lost or Heroes (the last shows I saw on TV, LOL).

I just discovered a show called Ironside which is very, very good. It's from the early 70s, so the acting is pretty good.