Author Thread: Does she have feelings for me still or is it all a game?
killaklown0789

View Profile
History
Does she have feelings for me still or is it all a game?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 09:20 AM

Ok so back in June, I got with this awesome girl who was 17 at the time and is about to be 18 and I was 19 at the time. Anyways. We were best friends before we dated. But back to the story. The first 2 nights we dated, her parents let me stay over at her house, she shares a bedroom with her brother and he was out of town so I stayed with her in their room. The first night, we just sat up almost all night to get to know the other. The second night, we fooled around a tiny bit. Nothing I'm now proud of but we still did. Then a few nights later, she stayed over at my house. And things went a little farther and we ended up sleeping together. Then we began to do that more often. (we took each other's v-cards). Then, we got into our first big fight and we broke up. Well, we both still loved each other alot. We slept together again while not dating and then I realized the next day I had become a big jerk. SO I prayed to God and told him I'd honor him by not having sex again until marriage and pray with her every night if we could get back together. Well its that was August. The very very end of August comes and we reconcile and get back together she stays over and nothing happens. Well the following weekend, she stays over again and I ended up breaking my promise to God and we slept together. Well, that following weekend was supposed to be her homecoming weekend as we're now in September. One day that week she says she only wants to go to HC as friends because of her parents (long long story) mostly her dad. I was very hurt. That weekend, things were beginning to shape up but the bad part happened. I wanted to pray with her as I did every night and she said "no I am not a holy rolling Christian like you" we got into a fight. I said she wasn't Christian because of something else she said. Then homecoming day comes and I go to apologize and she trips out on me and uninvites me claiming "I called her evil and other things" which I never did. Then we break up and the next week she has a new guy who meets up to her parents expectations and then on Christmas night, while they were taking a break, we slept together and it seemed like we were going to get back together, but then BAM she's back with him. Well she still claims she doesn't know who she wants. And that if she gets with me, her father will beat her over and over again as before. Well I bring up this new girl, and she gets jealous when I say she's like her.

My question to you is does she still have feelings for me and want to be with me after she turns 18 or is she just playing mind games with me?

I apologize for a long boring story its a little bit my testimony now from where I've come from. Please help. Anyone can answer

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 03:15 PM

Hey,

Just letting you know that you don't have to post your question in multiple categories...just putting it in one place is fine.

As far as the question goes, I really don't know what to say, sorry...

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 09:19 AM

If you want my 2 cents, You should never have stayed over night with her, one thing leads to another and at the end of the rope is a ruined testimony, I would say first of all by how you describe her shes not a Christian at all.

Matthew 7:15-23

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Second 1st Corinthians 14:33

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

I would say if she is a stublingblock to your walk with God you should avoid her all together. She is still young and still has a lot to learn about relationships.

Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Revelation 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

So yeah don't sleep over at a womans house anymore and definatly end it with her permanently. Thats my oppinion though and my advise. Talk to your pastor or your parents for better advice from someone you trust. Plus If I went on about marriage and relationships, The fact of the mater is after sleeping with her the Biblcal and right thing to do is marry her. Your testimony made it clear shes not the will of God for you.

OceanSparrow

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 08:07 PM

I agree with the last post...STAY AWAY FROM THIS GIRL! You'll only be tempting yourself to sin again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 09:30 AM

Wow. I will say that I do appreciate your openness and honesty. I takes a lot more strength to be vulnerable like that then you think. God bless you.

With that being said, you don't need me to play that "Well you shouldn't have couldn't have" part in your life. The conscience that God gave you, fused with His Holy Spirit does the job for you, so you don't need me to remind you of your past. You learned, keep going and grow in Christ, ok? As much as we Christians try to help, sometimes we become more like Job's friends---we mean well, but we're ignorant lol.

That being said, that's not the type of girl/young woman you need in your life right now. There's too much uncontrolled emotion. Self-control is one of the fruits of the Spirit, and it's a tough one because of what it says---SELF-control. I will go as far as to say that even being friends with her is also very spiritually unhealthy, especially if you have a strong desire to follow hard after God. She's definitely at different stage in her life, and maybe God is dealing with some areas in her life that she refuses to deal with. God has amazing ways of showing us our hearts:prayingm:.

If you really have a strong desire to do God's will and seek Him out, Read Romans 12: 1,2. It'll challenge and encourage you simultaneously.

Ask yourself the same question I asked myself when I was in your situation:

"If she chooses to be this way and have absolutely no desire to change, grow or mature in Christ and life can I do this LONG TERM?" God bless you brother.

Gregg

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 07:44 AM

ey just read your post. With myself, I have set boundaries because I know that if I do this there it will provide temptation that will lead to sin almost certainly. Theres not a whole lot that can be said over the internet. But I would personally advise speaking to an elder. These are people that have had to deal with the lusts and probably stumbled with them despite how they may seem. I personally don't know in your case but we are all human. One point that I would have is to simply love as Christ loved the Church to forgvie her as Christ has forgiven us. i don't know if you even still have contact with her or not. But if you do in the future i would encourage you to love her. You know from experience that if you fool around then you are likely to do what you do. So my suggestion and a is that if you do want to love her and have contact with her, then do what you need to do. Whether that be no hugs, no touching, ... whatever ... not trying to encourage the legalistic garbage... just saying come to know and understand your self, and you seem to have the similar condition as the rest of humanity; your human. David one truly after God's heart committed adultery. So do what you do, but just remember that you are human and I would suggest considering the history to become involved intimate via contact would nto be wsie. But like I say just, love and give her unconditional acceptance. If shes sinned against you, remember that we give grace and mercy not because we can give it in of ourselves but that Christ first loved us and gave us mercy and grace and we are to give freely that which we have been given. Anyways the main reason that I am asking is to just see how your doing with it, if you have any questions or would like to chat sometime about it, I would be more than glad to share my wisdom with you. Ask your elders, not because they have transcended the problems that you have had to deal with and maybe still are but rather they have experienced them (i.e. discovered virtues and mistakes that really only come with time. Even if they do share their wisdom with you. Brother, just hope that your doing well. God Bless