Author Thread: Why is it
Admin

Why is it
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 12:12 AM

That by speaking remotely intelligant women tend to run off, not that i am being condescending, I am merely tired of so many stupid people in this world i try to seek out them which are intelligent?

is it just me??

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 12:57 PM

I would say that is true for men & women. Even a woman talking to a woman or a man talking to a man, not just when dealing with the opposite sex.

And I don't really think it has anything to do with someone's intelligence level. It's a mutual personal interest & knowledge of the subject that will make a good converation - even if you disagree about something.

I wouldn't consider someone to be stupid because they have no interest in what I'm talking about or don't have the knowledge to make any type of opinion.

I try not to have negative opinions about people anyways. If a person is quick to judge, they will quickly find out how incredibly wrong they can be about someone.

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 02:02 PM

I only reference stupidity, when a person knows they dont know something and try to act like they do, or similarity they enjoy their ignorance and revel having no plan to change.

Ignorance is beautiful, because it shows a willingness or desire to want to know more, that's where my problem arises so many dont want to learn, dont plan on improving

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 07:56 PM

Maybe it is the way the opportunity is presented. Sometimes people get defensive when we try to teach them, because of our presenting it inappropriately. I find most people are willing, and able, to learn, If I approach them about it in the correct way.

Just my thoughts,

Leon

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 05:08 PM

Why is it

Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 12:12 AM

That by speaking remotely intelligant women tend to run off, not that i am being condescending, I am merely tired of so many stupid people in this world i try to seek out them which are intelligent?

is it just me??

OK its my turn to say something brilliant and to me it is brilliant.There is a simple solution to this very odd question and I like odd dont think of it being a put down. WE are all intelligent in our own way so, dont be so bold, proud and crude and I could come up with more other words to define this attitude so, I think you need to just have patience with the general public (species) that are in this great big wide world we all have to be in AND WE are all here for a reason. Remember who made the DUMB DUMB. and the Lame Lame. stop working your intelligent ego. love is listening out loud and silent. It doesent make anyone any smarter or intelligent speaking about someone who is who they are. Hope this helps you the next time you are being tested to love your fellow man as your self. Life is tough on everyone of us that is a true fact.....calling or thinking someone is not intelligent is NOT making you more intelligent then them or visa versa. We are used for our purpose and if we arent then some one lied to me and I been stupid about this my whole life.

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 12:57 PM

while i do accept your wildly idealistic view, i have to correct that factoid, the average IQ of world citizens are drastically decreasing. so much so that the movie "idiocracy" is become nearly prophetic. and its not a level of inflated ego, its more the fact that people are not thinking, this world doesnt require it of them so they can find way around it. in this computer age a person no longer has too. I challenge you "bluereyes" to work in a customer service realm, retail, inboud call center, or something along those lines. If you can work in that environment for 2 months without reverting to a similar feeling of idiots in this world (by choice they are stupid) than i will concede your point. until such time however you work in a specialized field where you get to experience a base level human instinctual knowledge being force ably applied. People are getting dumber by choice not because they have to be, but because they can. just remember the Nietzche quote

To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 01:10 PM

Just read the forum posts, you will see that few can spell, or use proper sentence structure....even when trying to impress others with their intellect.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 01:22 PM

Leon,

You are soooo bad! I must admit I was just about to post the very same thing, when I noticed that you had beat me to it.

Let us just be real and stop trying to impress one another with our vast intellect. Especially if we are grammatically challenged. LOL

Love and humility, Lydia

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 01:31 PM

In gaventar's defense, I too used to think myself intellectually superior when I was young. Most of us will grow out of it or God will humble us out of it. Jesus loves us even when we are being prideful and arrogant.

Patience and maturity, Lydia

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 02:31 PM

Mr. G,

Whether you are intending to or not, you are coming across as condescending. Listen to what Leon and Lydia are saying to you. You asked a question and they answered. Take it to heart. They mean you no harm.

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Why is it
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 04:20 PM

while i do accept your wildly idealistic view, i have to correct that factoid, the average IQ of world citizens are drastically decreasing. so much so that the movie "idiocracy" is become nearly prophetic. and its not a level of inflated ego, its more the fact that people are not thinking, this world doesnt require it of them so they can find way around it. in this computer age a person no longer has too. I challenge you "bluereyes" to work in a customer service realm, retail, inboud call center, or something along those lines. If you can work in that environment for 2 months without reverting to a similar feeling of idiots in this world (by choice they are stupid) than i will concede your point. until such time however you work in a specialized field where you get to experience a base level human instinctual knowledge being force ably applied. People are getting dumber by choice not because they have to be, but because they can. just remember the Nietzche quote

To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

customer service? mmmm maybe you need to save lives for a living and stop even trying to save the day they wont be right or have a mind to mean what they mean anyways. I dont need a challenge I need just to say what I think and I dont care if its agreeable with you. I am smart and I am important and I dont need you to like me because you just want control. I guess I remain one of those people you want to say is stupid. I will live no thought on that at all.

Page : 1 2