Author Thread: Dec 12, 2012: End Times
Admin

Dec 12, 2012: End Times
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 05:41 PM

Hello,

Well I am 40 and this is my 1st time in ANY chat room.... Just curious to know if there are Christians out there doing End Times and 2012 research? Thanks, C

TonySlick

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 06:56 PM

I do for sure. If you haven't found this website then prepare to be blessed. http://www.raptureready.com. As for 2012, the bible tells us that we wouldn't know when it was going to happen, we would only know the season. So 2012, I put no stock in. I was in some store and I saw a kid whos T-shirt read. Graduating class 2012, I couldn't help but bust out , I mean, haha, I'd love to hear what inspiring speech they'd make at that graduation. "Good luck!! the end is near!!" I predict a high drop out rate that year lol. but more seriously that website is very insightful. I have gotten a lot out of it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 08:06 PM

There are as many as 10 or 15 threads on here that have discussed this issue at great length. There are many websites, and all claim to be the one that has it right.

Jesus said, No one knows the DAY or the HOUR. He never said we wouldn't know the year. With that said, I am not saying that 2012 is or is not that year, you can decide for yourself.

Look up some of the old threads and you will find lots of websites.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 06:22 PM

Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 05:41 PM

Hello,

Well I am 40 and this is my 1st time in ANY chat room.... Just curious to know if there are Christians out there doing End Times and 2012 research? Thanks, C

No I am not because I agree with Leon about no one knows any of that. We have a God we can trust with all this information and have a God that is taken care of it. I do think if your intrested in just seeing what others have to say about it you need to understand that what you hear and read can lead to to be misleading which can lead you to a lie you can be subject to believe. You really need to take Gods warnings in the scriptures left for us to know and learn of these happening and what to do. Eve is a good example of how the evil spirit (cleaver and wise) serpent can mislead a believer (EVE knew God) Dont fool yourself that you can not be led to believe in a lie from satan and his followers. We all are not below or above being lied to and believe in it that is why even the elect could but praise the Father the Son and The Holy Spirit we have our deliever (escape). Pray and keep in contact with the Lord Jesus Christ always (all the days of your life) until the end of that dreadful but glorius time. bluereyes

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2009 09:20 PM

Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour, so that dispels the belief of knowing the exact time of Christs return. However I have done a bit or research and December 12, 2012 does seem to mark some event. But as far as "The end of time goes" That is not for us to know, but one thing is for certain "everyday that passes we are one day closer to meeting are maker" :)

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 12:28 PM

A Mayan man said that the idea of the Mayans' predicting the end of the world to be in 2012 is a western idea, not Mayan. This date is really a special day based on how they divided up their long periods of time and their favorite number 13. (We use 1000 years, 100 years and 10 years) They didn't. There are other Mayan dates well past the year 4,000 AD.:dancingp:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 11:42 AM

Here is an easy to understand website about the Mayan calendar:

http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar-mayan.html

They had words for periods of time as much as 63 million years.:bouncy: