Author Thread: How should you tell someone.
Admin

How should you tell someone.
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 08:48 AM

That you do not want to know their sins? ( I am not) catholic and I am not Jesus. I just want to know how I get in relationships that think I need their confessions of there sins? After they do this they put the blame on me because it puts distrust in trying to know who they are now and now I have to believe I knew them before I met them. jk

I DONT CARE WHO THEY WERE....JUST WHO YOU ARE OR WANTING TO BE...

Am I wrong I cant help it I just cant do this for them. I have my own ideas of helping making someone happy not miserable in the past. I dont want a pieace of that bread. How do you tell them? I think I should just RUN.....I would like some other kind of conversations other than who someone was EXCEPT what you did as a child that is ok with me I like stories like that but keep the sin out you know what I mean? right?

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 09:07 AM

The bible do tell us to confess our faults one to another.

It looks to me that you are not the one that that person need to be transparent with because you can not handle it.

I think you should tell the person what you posted maybe not word for word but be honest with the person.:dancingp:

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 10:41 AM

Well, he doesn't really have to tell you his sins. I guess as long as he confess them to God. And you can take a peek while he's praying just kidding :)

I don't know, as long as he confess them to God, I think everything should be okay.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 02:15 PM

The bible do tell us to confess our faults one to another.

It looks to me that you are not the one that that person need to be transparent with because you can not handle it.

I think you should tell the person what you posted maybe not word for word but be honest with the person

Yes but if it is against that person. Its not against me that is the only sin I would care about.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 02:49 PM

well maybe I should not have said that is the only thing I care about but I just wanted to know because this is what happened to me. If you coould tell my honesty in how I posted my questions then you Know I was honest well, you should and I was. I just wanted to understand why anyone would think that I could fix what (they) need to fix by themselves before me. I dont even know the situations or persons involved. I cant just take over the answers like I can fix everything you know what I mean? Have I explained my self better. I could go in to what was said but you get the idea. I can handle things because I am a good listener and friend I have friends to proove it. lol but, the real sin is what he ended up doing to me and did not confess he hid it. so, what do you say now. I mean it dont make any sense why the man would tell me his past and then hide the same things he done and blame them on me. I am sorry if you think I am not qualified according to handling it but I happen to know none of us are when it comes to real difficult problems that dont make sense.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 03:10 PM

Well, he doesn't really have to tell you his sins. I guess as long as he confess them to God. And you can take a peek while he's praying just kidding :)

I don't know, as long as he confess them to God, I think everything should be okay.

I like that answer....and I think so too but I think I will let him earn his own privacy with God.lol

lovinglife25

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 11:36 PM

Hey,

First, I don't think it it fair that he blames you for mistakes he has made.

As far as the confessing of sins goes. Of course only God can forgive us. However, maybe he just needed a friend to confide in. I remember a few years ago I was struggling with my faith and was upset about some things I had done in the past. I talked to this girl about them and I wouldn't say I confessed my sin as much as we talked about it and she helped me become a MUCH stronger Christian. Sometimes I think we need to rely on one another and that helps us have a stronger relationship not only with God, but with each other. Although, it does not seem to be the case in your situation. The guy kinda sounds like a jerk. lol.

~ Julio

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 10:09 AM

Actually the reason I said "I don't know", Because there is a slight chance that both can suffer the consequences of that sin. Depending on that sin and if the person has a good enough heart not to hurt you with it.

I say the two should just work together to overcome everything. Besides. We can't rely on our own strength.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 11:01 AM

Hey,

First, I don't think it it fair that he blames you for mistakes he has made.

As far as the confessing of sins goes. Of course only God can forgive us. However, maybe he just needed a friend to confide in. I remember a few years ago I was struggling with my faith and was upset about some things I had done in the past. I talked to this girl about them and I wouldn't say I confessed my sin as much as we talked about it and she helped me become a MUCH stronger Christian. Sometimes I think we need to rely on one another and that helps us have a stronger relationship not only with God, but with each other. Although, it does not seem to be the case in your situation. The guy kinda sounds like a jerk. lol.

~ Julio

I probably shouldnt have put this question out for the guys because I feel as if I searched for help and I got the same thing back all over again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 11:40 AM

I feel that it is important to be upfront about our pasts with people, but never at the expense of their comfort. Some people just don't want to know about your past. In this case, he should have respected how you felt, and told his friends if he had a need to confess.

I am sorry that you have had a hard time with the answers you received. Confession is difficult with someone we want to develop a relationship with. We don't want to have them be surprised when they hear about our past from others. We sometimes get a little carried away telling them these things, especially when the other person, you in this case, don't feel that the relationship has reached that point yet.

God bless sister,

Leon

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 03:06 AM

I stand corrected in my responce to you earlier. I miss read you question. Maybe I was reading it like your last post you asked everyone to read with the word spelled different but have all the right letter in it.:ROFL:sorry sis:ROFL:

With this better understanding of what you were asking I would have to say my brother Leon gave you some good advice.GOOD JOB PASTOR LEON.

Friends I have no problem admitting when I am or was wrong.:dancingp::rocknroll:

Page : 1 2