Author Thread: Videogames?
Kaminari92

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 01:54 AM

I dont just mean the hardcore shooters, or softcore girly things either. I mean ALL genres of videogames?

I like pretty much all of them, what about you all?:applause:

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 08:41 PM

I think they could make games less risqu� and less violent/graphic and still make them fun.

I don't play many games but I see the games in the stores and magazines...while shopping with my nephews.

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 21 Jul, 2012 08:06 AM

Generally I just assume that anyone who likes all genres of something doesn't really like any of it.

Kaminari92

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 23 Jul, 2012 01:41 AM

its not really a good thing to assume anything at all lol.

I like aall the genres(that I know of), just not every game in every genre. Im picky in that aspect but I do like alot.

Also how do we know when someone has replied to posts? Is it in the notifications or is a email sent?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 23 Jul, 2012 07:42 PM

The only way to know if someone replies to a post is to pull up the category on the chat forum.

Because this is a free site, many features that other sites might offer aren't available. The nice part is that we can actually communicate through messages and forums....unlike most 'free' sites that make you pay if you want to respond.

Kaminari92

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2012 12:46 AM

ya this is cool.:applause:

feder

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2012 05:47 PM

I really like to play video games, particularly Action JRPGs and adventure games like Legend of Zelda. I'm not too into shooters and action games, though I do have some experience with them.

mithridates

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 21 Aug, 2012 08:27 PM

I love them! My favorites are Zelda, Metroid and the relatively unknown Earthbound JRPG series.

That said, I feel games are stagnating somewhat now.

feder

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 10:24 PM

@Mithridates:

I've heard of Earthbound, but I never got the privilege to play them...

Currently I'm finishing up Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. What Zelda games do you like?

mithridates

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 09:07 PM

Ocarina of Time is my long-held favorite. It just does too much right, especially without the precedent of much 3D gaming.

I was pleasantly surprised by Skyward Sword. The motions controls....worked....how unusual :yay:

A Link to the Past is great, as are the two Oracle games (seaons and ages). Majora's Mask is arguably the best zelda game as an experience...it makes you feel interesting things but as a game it's somewhat lacking.

Hopefully that was good enough of an answer, haha. :excited:

feder

View Profile
History
Videogames?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2012 07:03 PM

I've played OoT, Twilight Princess, and now I'm working on Skyward Sword.

SS is actually a fairly decent Zelda game, in my opinion, though it seems to be a lot different from its predecessors. I like that it's a little different though. I enjoyed TP, but sometimes it felt a little too much like OoT.

I like OoT for the 3DS, but I think nostalgia really made it one of my favorite games, as I don't remember it being as good as it was when I played it as a child. I think OoT did a lot of neat stuff for the Zelda series, like introducing z-targeting, and it has my favorite story, but I like the atmosphere of TP and the layout of Skyward Sword.

Page : 1 2