Author Thread: Does Not Want Children
Juvie

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 12:14 PM

Since this selection seems ambiguous to me, I was hoping to get some input from others as to what it means to them. The way I see it, �Does Not Want Children� could be understood to mean either of these two choices, or both:

1) Not interested in a relationship with someone who already has children.

and/or

2) Does not want to be involved in producing any children in a relationship.

Surely I am not the only one who has wondered about this�??

Thank you

:purpleangel:

Blessings! :0) Juvie

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 02:26 PM

Personally, I don't want to produce any more at my age. I usually look to see if they have had children before and use that as a guide.

However you are right, it can be confusing.

Blessings,

Leon

Elisa

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 03:05 PM

I totally agree. Sometimes, I wonder if the folks who put "want children" are saying they want the children they already have or wish more.

Great question.

Elisa

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:29 PM

:ROFL: NOT WANT is saying just that. That mean there are no kids and do not want kids. I have two boys I can not make a comment saying Does Not Want Children when I already have children.

So that mean NO KID NOW OR LATER.:bow:

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:49 PM

I have two children,they do not live with me,and I always say "does not want children" because I don't want to have any more.I am open to someone who already has children though.

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 12:52 PM

I never thought of it any differently than just I don't want to produce more children. I can see what you mean though.

Lvstigers

View Profile
History
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 12:08 PM

That can be confusing...I was just looking at some of my matches and wondering why a man over 40 would 'want children'. Are they looking for a much younger mate so they can have more children?

I know that once I reached 40 I did not want to bear any more children, for several reasons...

#1. The risks of birth defects increases after a certain age, I understand that the medical world today can do much to avoid that, but that brings me to...

#2. I don't have the stamina it takes to chase after a bundle of energy 24/7 anymore. When I was younger I did, it gets tougher as I get older. It think this is why we have Grand Children, so we can enjoy them at our convenience and send them home when they've worn us out.

#3. Do I want to be 60 when my child graduates from high school? What about college?

#4. I think I've become a bit selfish with my time, I raised my daughter, during that time, everything was for her. I'm ready to focus a bit on my life.

I love children and always wanted more (when I was younger) God chose not to give me any more, which I'm sure was the best thing considering I did not make a wise marriage choice. He did however bless me with a beautiful and awesome grand daughter full of life and energy and wisdom beyond her years.

Okay, I think I started rambling but anyway, the question was, does not want children mean you want a mate that has no children or that you don't want to father more children. Maybe everyone could clarify their choices in their profiles?