Author Thread: Long Distance Romance ???????
Admin

Long Distance Romance ???????
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:25 PM

Just another day in the life of a soul, searching for love in far to reach places. Distance does't matter. Well, I beg to differ. Finding that right person to compliment your life is a miracle in itself. Finding someone within 50 miles of were you live is difficult task. A needle in a haystack. Yet, I did, I thought. Yet the distance was too great, he said. So my heart is broken- again. Realistic unfortunately. Now i pick up the pieces of my wounded wings and search for the angel wing repair shop (not listed in the yellow pages I might add), and continue on in my journey. If you are reading this, you must be somewhere within my age range, so you know that our age and lifestyle is bit of a stumbling block. What with children, financial and economical hard times, work, everyday events, challenges and obligations, who really has time to commuicatete via e-mail, instant mesage or texting(international rates are a killer)? I mean does anyone at our age really have time and for pen pals? I suppose it is what we do as we are human and it is not natural to be "Alone". Goes against the grain of how life is suppose to be lived. We are lucky if we have time to chat at all, and when we do, we neglect something like, family, appts., work etc. We are so starved for affection, conversation, love and companionship, that sometime we can makes things and people into something they are not. We are all guilty of this as we are in search of the "Perfect one".. At all cost it seems. Just when you think you met this terrific character , something always slaps us hard across the face and brings us back to reality. Think it is something called "Life". So we continue on this road of which door is my soul mate behind? Door number one? Door number two? Or door number three? Only to find when you do open the door and walk in, you realize you just went into the wrong room. AGAIN. Well, when you feel you've opened every door, lots of friendly faces and all, but your mate just isn't there, remember there is always the window, to escape from the one you thought was "It" and turns out to be "Mr or Miss Wrong". Sometimes alone just doesn't seem that bad eh?? God bless, your sister in Christ, M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 09:08 PM

Hi M,

I was thinking along the same lines as you when God told me to stop looking. I had been given a vision, and I thought that He meant to stop forever. I rebelled for a time, but finally gave in and changed my profile to say I was to remain single.

I stayed on the site and counseled several people through the holiday season. By then, it was a habit to come check the boards every day. I noticed this one lady that had a deep love for the Lord. I knew she was interested, but still thought God had forbidden it.

I fasted and prayed, and He showed me that He said to stop because I would have messed it up just like I always do. So, He had me quit looking until the lady He wanted for me was ready. Then He told me she was sent by Him.

She lives in Colorado, and I live in Texas, but the distance makes no difference. I guess what I am saying is, if we wait for God, and He ordains it, how could anything get in the way? We are talking on the phone, and online. We are both still members here, but only to witness and teach. I have been amazed at how well we fit together in everything. Even though I shouldn't be, God set it up.

Don't be discouraged sister, just wait on the Lord, He will guide you in all things.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2009 08:41 PM

Leon,

That is a pretty encouraging story. Being in the military I can't guarantee staying in the same place for more than a few years and so for me, someone willing to have a long distance friendship or relationship is almost a must. I also get lonely sometimes because all of my good close christian friends don't live anywhere near me and so it can be discouraging sometimes. It's good to know that it is possible not only to have long distance friendships but even relationships that go beyond mere friendship.

robking

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2009 11:06 AM

That is very moving. When is that boat leaving? Uh wait a minute iam already on that ship. Gee do i know those empty places!I like to hold on to romance also, however Romans 8:28 is the verse i like to stand on. Sometimes borken hearts must mend. I wish mine would hurry up!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2009 09:16 PM

Alpha, i wrote that story on long distance romance. It is nice when we are lonely to have the option of having a familiar pen pal on the screen. We do what we have too to survive the lonliness. I just don't agreee with long distance romance. If never two shall meet , then pen pals is all they are. I challenged my prof in college on this topic. He disagreed with me as he taught school in Toronto and his wife lived in England. He beleived they would last forever. Before the term was up, my prof apologized as he was getting a divorce. She became lonely and cheated he said. Needless to say- the honeymoon was over. I got 97 % in the class. I believe that nobody really trusts in God to find them their true mate. Patience is a virtue, of which many of us have so little of. We go by our own needs and desires and tend to mess things up . I don't want to stop someone from finding romance by keeping them trapped in the cyber world. Our partner should not live hundreds or thousands of miles away. If neither plans on moving to be with the other, what is the point? I believe the computer is really a cover for many hurt souls to keep hidden and avoid commitment. So if pen pals is your secret desire, so be it . I need to feel warmth, security, love and arms around me. I need to be able to look into his eyes and smell his skin. I need to know that he is real. Perhaps until our soul mate appers, our cyber romance really is all we have for now, however real or not it seems. Peace my brother. Your sister in Christ. M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2009 09:27 PM

Sorry Leon i don't agree. I believe it is so simple and fun to correspond on the internet. So far from reality. No truth there. No life- just words. The phone is the same thing. But you know, to each his/her own. Whatever form of reality one gets their energy from. We are all different. I enjoy the friendships i have made here, hovever, i need the real deal. I am a living, breathing, God made woman, needing a living breathing man smack dab, right there in my face, right in front of me. Not on the phone or the internet. Everything is perfect when it isn't real.... Distance will always be the evil. I'll wait on God for his just right, perfect mate for me. I can wait. I have virtues thouigh. Your sister in Christ. M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2009 09:17 AM

distance should not been seen as a hurdle, but as an oppturnity. I am looking for the pearl of great price, I will look for that pearl at any place any time, I will travel any distance to find the pearl. I have had great hurts in my life, but the hurts are worth the price for the reward that at the end of the travels. Take a look at my profile

see if there is anything there that catches your eye.

Again distance is not a hinderance, it just give Father more oppturnities to show he majesty

mike

olddesertrat

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2009 10:49 AM

You seem to have a lot of experience and insight into long distance relationships. I seem to always end up living in an area with limited resources for dating. I prefer someone close, but when God sends the right one along, you do what you have to do.

My example may not be the best, since we are now divorced, but when I first met my ex, she lived in Maryland, and I was in San Diego. We were highly motivated, and she eventually move to Tucson, where here mother lived, then to San Diego, where we were married.

I think the most important thing is to be happy with your life. It makes the wait easier until God sends the right one along. If you are needy, you tend to make decisions based upon loneliness, rather than what you should base it upon, being drawn to that person based upon all the things that you know you want. If you decide to settle for less, you will more than likely be unhappy within a short time.

I get lonely at times, but I will not settle this time, for less than what God wants me to have. If it is 3,000 miles away, who am I to question him. I would hope that he would make it fairly easy though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2009 06:48 AM

Hello Mike and yes I agree, any opportunity offered and not taken may be my mistake . I am a realist mind you. I am not opposed to trying and seeing if something is there. I accept a chanllenge. Mind you, I am hoping God will bless my life by adding a wonderful man to it, however if "He" doesn't, then "He" has other plans for me. Who am I to question "Him". At this stage of the game,(Meaning my age now) certain roadblocks appear. My not being able to retire for 11 yrs. poses a great deal of difficulty in meeting someone in Canada or in another country for that matter. Unless there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,(just a figure of speach) I would be giving up much needed security and benefits , a steady paycheck, and pension as well as medical and dental for "Love" that i am not sure is really there without actually meeting the person face to face. It is a high and costly risk. Spritiually, financially and emoitonally,. I will develop a friendship first and see what happens. I believe any friendship blessed by God is worth my effort. One friend said to me, "One can never have enough Good Friends". I agree wholeheartedly. I take it slow, I take it easy, and i take it with God being the drivier and I enjoy the ride. " He" knows what 'He" is doing. I have my faith in "Him". I am a student and child of "His" enjoying the education and the journey. God bless. I did read your profile by the way. You seems like a wonderful man, " my friend". Your sister in Chirst. M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2009 07:00 AM

Hello Olddessertrat. Thanks for the note. You are right about many things and have valid points. I believe the best advice is to wait and trust in God. When God sees fit to place that special person in our life(if this is what "He" has in mind),and we truly trust in "Him", then all will work out in "His" time. That person we are waiting on, be 10 or 10 thousand miles, will be ours, as long as this is what "God" wants for us. Trust in "Him" for all good things. We all must remember however, our love, faith, trust and focus must always be on "Him" first and at all times. All else will fall into place. Enjoy the beauty of the life God has blessed you with. I am, Your sister in Christ. God bless. M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 11:36 AM

wow everybody has a long distance story, well this is my spin on it. i myself dont have any experience with that stuff, but i do have this small amount of smarts and this is what i make of it. if the love of my heart/life was 2/3/4/ thousands of miles away or just a 3 hr plane ride. im doing whatever it takes to find out if it is everything my FATHER promised me, ive been alone most of my life work became my date my wife my everything, years have passed, now decades,still alone,but not that im alone cause of having no one but being alone waiting for that ONE

Page : 1 2 3