Author Thread: Long Distance Romance ???????
Admin

Long Distance Romance ???????
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:25 PM

Just another day in the life of a soul, searching for love in far to reach places. Distance does't matter. Well, I beg to differ. Finding that right person to compliment your life is a miracle in itself. Finding someone within 50 miles of were you live is difficult task. A needle in a haystack. Yet, I did, I thought. Yet the distance was too great, he said. So my heart is broken- again. Realistic unfortunately. Now i pick up the pieces of my wounded wings and search for the angel wing repair shop (not listed in the yellow pages I might add), and continue on in my journey. If you are reading this, you must be somewhere within my age range, so you know that our age and lifestyle is bit of a stumbling block. What with children, financial and economical hard times, work, everyday events, challenges and obligations, who really has time to commuicatete via e-mail, instant mesage or texting(international rates are a killer)? I mean does anyone at our age really have time and for pen pals? I suppose it is what we do as we are human and it is not natural to be "Alone". Goes against the grain of how life is suppose to be lived. We are lucky if we have time to chat at all, and when we do, we neglect something like, family, appts., work etc. We are so starved for affection, conversation, love and companionship, that sometime we can makes things and people into something they are not. We are all guilty of this as we are in search of the "Perfect one".. At all cost it seems. Just when you think you met this terrific character , something always slaps us hard across the face and brings us back to reality. Think it is something called "Life". So we continue on this road of which door is my soul mate behind? Door number one? Door number two? Or door number three? Only to find when you do open the door and walk in, you realize you just went into the wrong room. AGAIN. Well, when you feel you've opened every door, lots of friendly faces and all, but your mate just isn't there, remember there is always the window, to escape from the one you thought was "It" and turns out to be "Mr or Miss Wrong". Sometimes alone just doesn't seem that bad eh?? God bless, your sister in Christ, M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 09:32 PM

Hey Devin. Thanks for the note. If we truly rely on God to guide us to the love of our life, If we wholeheartedly trust in "Him" for direction, If we truly wait for" His" answer, then, we can't go wrong. 2/3/4 thousand miles is really only a blink of an eye then. In God's speed. How could one possibly go wrong? You got an angel on your shoulder there Dude.. :angel: God bless. M

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 02:33 AM

Hi Sweetie,

:goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 08:27 AM

YOU' can either give up trying___or

NEVER G.I.V.E __UP..

REAL 'love is worth WORKING for.

it is all about a 'commitment

if you wants to find love'___never

give up searching. work on becoming

worthing of the kind of partner you' want

to attract.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 04:14 PM

It's not about finding Mr. or Mrs. Right.

It's about BEING Mr. or Mrs. Right

canadianrose1

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2009 01:05 AM

I believe-and am experientially living out- that as we become Mr. Right or MS. Right, through letting Him live His life out in us, that He will give us the desires of our heart, as we allow Him stay seated on the throne and be first, in control of our hearts and lives.Learning not to limit Him,in any aspect of my life-difficult at times and sometimes I get the same lesson in a different format or experience.Distance means nothing to Him and he even uses our mistakes to turn them for our good.In this season of my life I find it's all about trusting Him even more than I had previously in years past, with the loneliness of not having a partner and beoming-a process- even more OK with my aloneness. Being fulfilled in my own life and still having that quiet ,steadfast hope and expectation that the cries ,yearnings, hopes ,dreams and prayers of my heart have been heard and that the answer is on the way. Learning to wait patiently without grumbling for His timing and without taking the reins in my own hands-again! :)Just growing me up some more!!:)I mean this note as an encouragement for all of us as singles as we live for Him not to get discouraged - He wants nothing but His best for us.I hang on to that Scripture that He will perfect that which concerns us-even this.

TrueBlond

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 10:45 PM

I see that nobody has written on this subject for quite a while, but I couldn't help but to throw in my 2 cents anyway. As for long distance relationships online, my cousin lived in Washington and met somebody online back east. After weeks of emails, chats, and phone calls, they met one time. They both felt like "this is the one God has for me." They continued to communicate and after a few months they met again. He proposed, she accepted and moved back east as he was a pastor and she had a job she could leave. That was 5-6 years ago and they are still going strong.

My friend lived in Sacramento and she met a guy online who lived in Alaska. They also spent weeks in communicating and met after about 2-3 months. He flew to California for about 5 days and she flew back to Alaska with him for about a week! She came back engaged. They married about 3 years ago and are still like newlyweds.

The common thread among these 4 people? They each had a personal relationship with Jesus and trusted the words of the Holy Spirit's prompting.

As for the lady "M" whose professor's wife cheated on him...I was married for 15 years to a man in construction. Three times during our marriage, he worked out of town and sometimes would not be home for 2 or more weeks. Then, we move up north to be my his mom and newly widowed sister and within 4 years time, he had 2 affairs with two women. The second one I let keep him. You see, a cheater is a cheater inside oneself. It has nothing to do with distance or the relationship.

roeroe

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2010 09:31 AM

I know I'm a little late... But trueblond that was excellent....

All things are possible!! You can meet ten men/women who live down the block....and there will be no connection...

Good things in Life do not come easy and convenient...Keep the Faith and it will all work out....

Disappointment and Hurt bring JOY!

Roe

carmi

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 10:15 AM

If we ask God for that special someone -wife/husband - then He will answer according to His will. He knows our needs and knows our hearts better than we do.

My sister who lived in Australia prayed for the right man God intended for her. She met someone on a dating site who lived in Iowa USA (talk about long distance!) and they communicated for over a year. The guy went to Australia to meet her and proposed marriage (he had the diamond ring ready) and she accepted. They were engaged and she went to the US after three months with her son from a previous marriage, and they got married in Sioux City Iowa.

They are happily married and have been for two years now.

She then told me to go on ahead and just trust God to give me someone who will also be my gift from Him.

When God starts on His plan, there is nothing that can hinder it. He holds us in the palm of His hands and His plans are always "to give us a hope and a future."

CynthiaFay

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 09:43 PM

I am not sure about long distance. It has not worked for me in the past. Are you willing to move here there is a connection? I am 5'2". I love tall, but do you love short(er)? I am 54 and will be 55 in April. I have a g mail account if you want to email me there. Blessings on your day. cynthiafayr

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 04:19 AM

I am here.

I have looked for you for a long time. I have wanted to find that person who can say God, bless you, His loving kindness and you are that person.

I would love to find a job near you for I too must have the things you have noted in your e-mails.

E-mails, I hate them. But, to get to know someone, there has to be a starting point.

I look to contact you someday and tell you about myself and how the Lord has blessed me over the past years and see if there is any common ground we can stand on with each other.

Yours for a day,

SeJohn

Page : 1 2 3