Author Thread: Long Distance Romance ???????
Admin

Long Distance Romance ???????
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:25 PM

Just another day in the life of a soul, searching for love in far to reach places. Distance does't matter. Well, I beg to differ. Finding that right person to compliment your life is a miracle in itself. Finding someone within 50 miles of were you live is difficult task. A needle in a haystack. Yet, I did, I thought. Yet the distance was too great, he said. So my heart is broken- again. Realistic unfortunately. Now i pick up the pieces of my wounded wings and search for the angel wing repair shop (not listed in the yellow pages I might add), and continue on in my journey. If you are reading this, you must be somewhere within my age range, so you know that our age and lifestyle is bit of a stumbling block. What with children, financial and economical hard times, work, everyday events, challenges and obligations, who really has time to commuicatete via e-mail, instant mesage or texting(international rates are a killer)? I mean does anyone at our age really have time and for pen pals? I suppose it is what we do as we are human and it is not natural to be "Alone". Goes against the grain of how life is suppose to be lived. We are lucky if we have time to chat at all, and when we do, we neglect something like, family, appts., work etc. We are so starved for affection, conversation, love and companionship, that sometime we can makes things and people into something they are not. We are all guilty of this as we are in search of the "Perfect one".. At all cost it seems. Just when you think you met this terrific character , something always slaps us hard across the face and brings us back to reality. Think it is something called "Life". So we continue on this road of which door is my soul mate behind? Door number one? Door number two? Or door number three? Only to find when you do open the door and walk in, you realize you just went into the wrong room. AGAIN. Well, when you feel you've opened every door, lots of friendly faces and all, but your mate just isn't there, remember there is always the window, to escape from the one you thought was "It" and turns out to be "Mr or Miss Wrong". Sometimes alone just doesn't seem that bad eh?? God bless, your sister in Christ, M :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2012 10:06 AM

Hi there olddesertrat..Fairly new to this site..just browsing around and wanted to thank you for the "long distance" reference on your profile..after reading it all, I'll surely think twice before saying "no", yet again, to distance.

Many blessings,

Bluedalia

spika_jamero19

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2015 03:14 PM

This can be mutually agreed between the two parties. My personal opinion, long distance relationship (LDR) can be one of many ways of building relationship. It can start as a friendship then it can lead to something more if it is God's will.

Based on my experience, there are guys who can really be interested on you for some particular reasons (sometimes they will frankly say it). The guy will send you several e-mails so you can both have a good conversation since you are both miles away and there's big difference in time zone (which sometimes becomes a challenge to me). You will know for sure if he has good intentions and through prayers God will show it to you. But if it he is not really meant for you, you will know it for sure.

There are times that he will no longer respond to you for some reasons examples are busy from his work, got an accident (especially those who are working in the military, etc. One of the reasons, based on my experience, the guy already decided to settle down to someone else, which I am really happy to know since that was what the main reason on why he joined this site.

There was also a time when after several exchanging emails, then after you prayed about it, true intentions will be manifested. Based on my experience, some intentions were not really good. I thank God for revealing that to me. Whenever I found it out, I am usually respectful in declining their offer, reminding them of the conviction and beliefs that I hold on to and eventually started not to reply to their emails.

I came to know some of guys here who were really good and developed good friendship with them exchanging encouragement and testimonies of God's goodness (which I think can be a good start). Oh by the way, meeting people here is quite interesting because sometimes you can share your faith especially to those people whom I think don�t believe in God.

For me, LDR is good but it is better also if the two persons can also meet to know each other personally.

God bless everyone.

Page : 1 2 3