Author Thread: Here's one for everyone :)
song0joy

View Profile
History
Here's one for everyone :)
Posted : 16 Sep, 2012 09:40 PM

My Thoughts on Ultimate Beauty

Why is it that when I type �Ultimate Beauty� into the google images search engine, the first page is filled with models, actresses, and images of make-up? I have seen beautiful men & women, and while I believe them to be attractive, my spirit does not pause for them. My first thought at the words �ultimate beauty� are of events in my life in which Nature was on display, in all of its glory. Indeed, if Creation is only a shadow of who God is, then shouldn�t he be considered Magnificent, the Ultimate Beauty?

I find it beautiful when a newborn is in the room. I find it beautiful when a person�s heart and attitudes are warm and open to strangers. I find that beauty lies not in the appearance of something, but in that thing�s nature and purpose.

It is the nature of a woman to wish to please herself by pleasing others (whether in appearance or behavior, usually both), thus she is beautiful. It is the nature of men and women to seek the answers to hard questions, thus they are beautiful. It is the purpose of mankind to Glorify God by acting as a demonstration of His love for us and acting as an example of our Love and Trust in Him, thus WE are beautiful.

eudaimonia

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2012 10:37 PM

Awesome! In Yeshua's name I bless you with this ultimate beauty beyond your rationale so that you may offer healing to the hearts and minds of all you encounter with boldness to share the love of our Lord Jesus Christ with tenderness and compassion. Blessed Peace my sister!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2012 04:56 AM

wonderful thoughts would like to add to this with some wonderful quotes from the bible

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said to Samuel, �Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.�

1 Peter 3:3-4

Do not let your adorning be external�the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear� but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

song0joy

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2013 11:25 PM

Thank you eudaimonia and nzzon090. I appreciate the confirmation :glow:

I think more people need to know God's kind of beauty.