Author Thread: Christian Rap: Is it edifying or not? What's your take?
Admin

Christian Rap: Is it edifying or not? What's your take?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 02:04 PM

I've heard from different friends that are involved in Christian rap, tell me that some Christians oppose this style of music. Would you consider it a good or bad thing?

Jane_Eyre

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 08:05 PM

I like Chrisitian rap, and I believe there is nothing wrong with it. It speaks for God, and about God, and iis simply another way to praise Him from our hearts.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 11:33 PM

I'm not much of a rap fan in general, but I don't see anything wrong with Christian rap. The songs I have heard have had good lyrics of praise to God that I personally found to be uplifting. I think its good that there are Christian rap artists out there, using their talents for God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 05:30 PM

That's how I feel too. As long as the lyrics are aligned with what the Scriptures say, rap could be used as a tool by God to reach the lost. There is no limit to who or what God may use to reach souls.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 09:50 PM

I think it's just fine...a lot of people are just turned off to rap in general though so they single out all of it.

Personally, I grew up listening to it, so I love it.

Someone can't say that a style of music is wrong just because they don't like it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2009 06:29 AM

secular rap/hiphop culture, bad, Christian Rap/Hiphop in its truest form, great. and of course if some legalist doesn't like the style they'll try to make it (all) evil. to make themselves more self righteous, which is just as much a sin as rappers who rap about themselves. Its pride...

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2009 03:47 PM

Yeah that's so true.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2009 08:27 PM

Sorry Joshua, but I have to disagree...it is not all bad. That was exactly my point.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 11:40 AM

When we look at the differences between Christian rap and Secular rap we see HUGE differences. The messages they give and the lifestyles portrayed. There is no in between, either it's godly, or it's not. Bieng a little bit of both meaning lukewarm is even worse.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 02:54 PM

I understand what you are saying about that. I'm just saying that EVERY secular song (not claimed as Christian rap) is not "bad" to listen to.

That's like saying that any song from any genre of music is bad unless it speaks of Christianity. Be it rock, country, R&B, whatever...just don't single out rap is all I'm saying. People used to say Elvis was evil.

Music is a form of listening to someone's 'story' and I'm open to hearing anyone's story. Whatever way they want to express it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2009 09:44 AM

Yep...angel just hit the nail on the head regarding music. I've listened to Christian rap in the past and I find it completely edifying.

The only peeps who might not like it are the ones who are just biased against rap in general. The main artist I listen to is KJ-52 and he has many enjoyable songs.

Page : 1 2