Author Thread: Christian Rap: Is it edifying or not? What's your take?
Admin

Christian Rap: Is it edifying or not? What's your take?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 02:04 PM

I've heard from different friends that are involved in Christian rap, tell me that some Christians oppose this style of music. Would you consider it a good or bad thing?

Reacycl

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2009 07:06 AM

I agree that "some" christian rap does edify, as long as the message is clear and concise. I happen to love crossmovement and flame, my parents have heard some of their songs and they actually like listening to them, surprised me!

HarvestBible

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2009 12:36 PM

I just started listening to Christian rap a few months ago. I didnt think Id be able to enjoy it because it was so different from secular rap. But actually, everything they are saying in their songs put down the secular rap lifestyle;alot of them also quote scripture. I garuntee you atleast one person has been saved from each Christian rap artist. Just a note, it isnt a praise and worship genre, its just something wholesome to listen too for people that used to listen too alot of secular rap. Oh yeah, go check out Lecrae...hes a really good rapper, and he uses a lot of scripture in his music. The most edifying part, once I hear them quote a reference I must go, open my Bible, and find it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWEllqh5J0

God Bless,

Greg

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2009 10:23 PM

Lecrae's latest (Rebel) is intense.

The Rep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViM9tS2JD0k

http://www.myspace.com/therepmusic

flameoffire

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 12:08 PM

Is christian rap edifying?Well christian music scripturally is for God our praise and worship is for Him and to Him!It is not for reaching the lost,we are to teach and make disciples.It is not for edifying,what edifies us is building ourselves up on our most holy faith praying the holy ghost and new testament prophecy is for edifying,and I would like to ask one question,when you listen to christian rap does the anointing of God come?

Reacycl

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 07:12 PM

If the message in the christian rap song is clear and understandable, the presence of The Holy Ghost is made known, if you are an open recepient.

virtuous1972

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 08:14 PM

Christian Rap: Is it edifying or not? Good or Bad?

I am personally not opposed to Christian Rap as long as it gives GOD glory, and spreads th Gospel message of CHRIST in an appropriate manner. However, everything has just about have it's pros and cons and good and bad and what I have seen and hear good Christian Rap and so-called Christian Rap that's questionable. As with anything, and Christian Rap as well we as Christians have to be very careful because there is a very thin line between true holiness and fictious holiness in Christian Rap and the enemy uses it in ways to come across as Christian and glorifying GOD when it's really a cover up and not CHRIST centered and is just merely usering in worldly and partying spirits.

LaShonda

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 09:59 AM

We all have different ways to Praise d Almighty, and who are we to judge how someone desires to lift his name in high. For 2 him be d Glory. Let us praise him with our hearts in Spirit & True.

TiRich

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 01:03 PM

If it pulls you toward Christ and edifies God. I listen to alot of it and it can be very deep and enlightening. The underground stuff like DeepSpace 5 crew can get pretty intricate and meaningful in ways a song normally couldn't. ....we christians just love to debate though.

jo_numba5

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 10:04 PM

I love Christian rap. and yes there is such a genre. I crave it most days because its the only thing that digs deep down into my soul.

i would recommend the 116 clique: artist's such as

.Lecrae Moore

.Trip Lee

.Sho Baraka

.The ambassador

. Flame

.Da Truth

i think it can speak to other teens or preteens that like rap in places where theres not a great alot of Christian rap being played

Page : 1 2