Author Thread: Knowing deep in your "knower"
Searching4Hisbest

View Profile
History
Knowing deep in your "knower"
Posted : 3 Jan, 2013 10:31 PM

The question is... how does one 'know'?? I mean, once you get past some of the infatuation, and the butterflies, once you talk and interact for a period of time, after you've asked lots of questions and answered even more... what makes a really good person into a really good match? How do you decide? Once a commitment has been made, I feel pretty comfortable in the idea of putting the necessary work into a marriage. I know I will be devoted and true, I know I will not stray, I know I will be kind and good and loving and attentive. What I don't know is how to make the decision of who to invest in. I thought that I looked carefully at my first husband. But, that didn't turn out even remotely how it should have.

It's just, how do I know if I would make a specific someone happy? Happy enough to stay? What's the difference (that I can see now) between a guy who will eventually stray and one who will be there forever and always? How can I prove to you who I am? How can you prove to me who you are? How do we make sure that neither of us is just really really really wanting to be married? There's nothing wrong with wanting to be married, it's just that I want to stay married for the rest of my life this time. It would be no good to try and make a good man happy if ultimately he is not the right one for me. So how do I discern?

Do you wonder these things too? At night, when you lay in bed and think about what it would be like to be married, to truly be in love and know that someone was there for you always... do you wonder how to be sure? I do. As much as I long for someone to touch my heart, I also feel the need to guard it carefully... to be wary of anything that could signal trouble. I want to love again, I want to surrender to those feelings, but I just want to be respectful about it. I want to do it in a way that brings joy to another, to me, and most of all brings glory to God.

Thoughts on this?? Thanks ~S

Searching4Hisbest

View Profile
History
Knowing deep in your "knower"
Posted : 26 Feb, 2013 11:30 PM

Chris~ Well said. "...don't overanylize..." this is a comment I get a lot... maybe I should work on this one. Thanks for your input. Good luck in your search.

~S

Page : 1 2