Author Thread: Separated people?
alawrence

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2013 07:12 PM

Do you think its right to be on a dating site, when your separated, even if you are going through a divorce??

My opinion is no, because you are still married, what do you think?

You should try to work out the marriage till the end.:waving:

mrcountryside

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2013 01:52 PM

It depends on your reasons for being on the site. Dating sites are not just used for finding dating partners but some like myself have found good christian friends on here who are supporting me through the difficulties of being separated. If it was the intention to find a new partner when the separated person should be seeking reconciliation according to the Word of God, then I would agree that that would be wrong. God knows the heart of everyone.

I hope this helps.

alawrence

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2013 07:50 AM

Something to think about, thanks for the reply.

schlindcargile

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 19 Mar, 2013 11:20 AM

NO YOU SHOULD NOT BE ON ANY DATING SITE WHILE SEPARATED CAUSE YES YOU ARE STILL MARRIEID.

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 19 May, 2013 05:51 AM

Sorry for your loss in seperation, Are we not called to love? Can we love the seperated also or are we so cold?

Its because the church is confused about love. I was so hardnosed and ridgid also in the past but God so rich in mercy showed me how to love.

jadeflowerjan

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 27 May, 2013 09:03 AM

In a country like the Philippines, there is no other choice for ordinary people like me but to remain separated because a marriage annulment costs $4,000 to about 5,000 US dollars. So, it is really difficult.

jadeflowerjan

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 27 May, 2013 09:28 AM

In a country like the Philippines, there is no other choice for ordinary people like me but to remain separated because a marriage annulment costs $4,000 to about 5,000 US dollars. So, it is really difficult.

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 4 Jun, 2013 04:24 AM

We need advice,we need encouragement.

For some these sites are the best social places to get encouragement.We also need love whether separated or divorced.

Love doesn't only mean intimacy between man and woman,we get love from women and men,different type of love to give us strength to go on.Everyone needs this so i think its ok for separated people to be in these social places.

I have learnt alot by interacting with both men and women here,not because am dating them,no no no.Because we show each other God's love which is not partial.

Separation is a very hard and trying time for anyone,lets love and encourage all.

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2013 07:22 PM

Typically, I would agree that if someone is still legally married, they shouldn't be on a 'dating' web site.

While sights such as this one w/ a good chat forum can provide support & encouragement, that is really what the local church is for. I went through DivorceCare where I was able to personally interact people going through the same thing which was much more helpful.

Motivation is always the key, but just being on the site I think gives the wrong impression.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2013 04:53 PM

It depends on what they have listed as their reason for being on the site. There are also married people on the site. Not everyone has access to Christians who have compassion or understanding of what it's like to go through a separation or divorce. This site provides a variety of views, some that I agree with and some that I don't, but it provides oportunities to 'discuss' just about anything.

As long as the person has properly marked his/her status, I don't see a problem.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Separated people?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2013 05:28 AM

Also, "legally" separated does not related to the bible at all. A biblical divorce/annulment in the case of fornication is "instant" and does not need to wait on any legal process, so I'd say it depends on why they're separated. If they're separated because they just don't like their husband/wife, then they're in trouble. If it's because their husband/wife cheated on them, then I don't see a problem.

:peace::peace:

Page : 1 2