Author Thread: Absolute minimum and maximum ages
Admin

Absolute minimum and maximum ages
Posted : 25 Mar, 2009 10:16 AM

Where do you draw the line? Say you meet the perfect woman, everything you have ever wanted, and she is interested in you. At what point is she too young, or too old, even if she is interested? Or does age even enter in to this picture, if she is everything you want?

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 10:14 AM

I would like to comment on your post Alex. I have a couple in my church that are mid-70's. But they have taken very good care of themselves. Both are extremely active. He still works Even physically they appear to be late 50's maybe early 60's. Should either have them married a younger soul mate, even 15 to 20 years, it would not be an issue.

As a 37 year old father. I have a son that's 19. To be with someone in their early 20's would make me uncomfortable. But, because of life experiences I was very mature as a 24 year old.

Could I be with someone close to my parents age?

Here is my take on age. Throughout my walk with the Lord, God has repeatedly stretched me out of my comfort zone. It is my human nature to say 'this is what I prefer'. But often times we put God in a box based on our comfort level. (and I'm guilty of this) God is in complete control of our total destiny. Not in control based on our requirements. So God, let it be unto me according your will. At this point, i have learned to just get out of the way. Open my heart and spirit whatever he wants.

Peace & blessings to all;

Tank

cedarwoody

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 08:15 AM

:waving:Just want to jump in here for a moment on the desired age thing. I feel much the same as Elisa, absolute age limits are limiting! I've found some ladies I'd to talk with and send a message to, but the age limitation is so narrow, i.e. just a year or two away, that I can't I'm not allowed. If you met me in a social situation of some sort, would your first question be..How old are you? May I suggest widening the age range at least a little, who knows, we might just hit it off. I realize that we must be cautious on this "web" thing but really, do you limit your friendships by an age range? :waving:

powr_wgn

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 12:18 AM

I can't say that I have any limitations regarding age. It all truly depends on the woman whether or not I would accept and dismiss their age. I just cannot stand the thought of disqualifying someone because of a number. If I am open minded and allow God to lead my heart, I will fall in love with the woman that is meant for me, and we will both find each other, it is inevitable. My faith in God has always been strong, and I have a lifetime of blessings because of my strong faith that He will provide for me, just as he provides everything. He created me, and the least I can do is let Him control my heart. That's my standing on this topic.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 12:12 PM

ok But i am just 3 years shy of your cuff off limit how about that ?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 02:43 PM

I am just 3 years shy of your cuff date..will I make it ? :) :applause:

nica_24

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2009 09:53 AM

very well said TIM...Love yah:hearts:

AmberLynn619

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 12:47 PM

Once you hit about 10 years apart, you'll lack things in common, and have less approval from from others.

I'm glad we have the age limits on this site. I'm also on another Christian dating site which doesn't have those. There men in their 40s, 50s, 60s, & even a few 70 year olds have contacted me. I'm not interested in dating my dad, let alone grandfather. Yikes.

looktoChrist

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 10:09 AM

The examples in the Bible (always a good place to START thinking on this -- NOT society, culture, feelings etc) are of some radically different ages. Do a study on the age of Isaac and Rebecca for example -- he was probably a generation older -- closer to her father's age. Abraham and Sarah, Mary, Baoz and Ruth ("my daughter..."). God seems to affirm those as godly examples. Then we could talk about Adoniram Judson or George Mueller...but those are just examples. From a medical perspective, women are mature (physically) earlier than men -- hitting menarche around age 11-12 -- and probably physically ready to have children at age 15 (depends). From a maturity perspective, our society often doesn't teach us to be mature or think that way until much much later. Public schooling has a lot to do with this. Alexandra Swan wrote an interesting book called "No Regrets" where everyone in her family graduated high school at age 12 and had their masters degree by age 16. Society looks at that and says they aren't mature -- but that often has as much to do with general immaturity in society. A woman or man can be mature at a much younger age -- and that mostly depends on their spiritual maturity and relationship with God -- they know their place in life, while others are still clueless at age 50. Another HUGE factor is health and fitness. If you are hoping to make it to age 55, then you are over the hill at age 25. But people are living til 116. My high-school classmates are such a spread -- some have not taken care of their bodies, and they look 60 already (they should be in their late 30's). They have a lifestyle of alcohol, smoking, cholesterol etc -- as one doctor put it: "A man is as old as his arteries." Men have been known to father children after age 95. Women are done with that usually by age 50 -- but can be up to age 64. The other thing is having things in common -- but that is just as drastic if you compare the differences of homeschooled children and public schooled (i was of the latter). It all depends on what you read and how you think. Perhaps in the body of Christ we should show more example of not categorizing people based on a number -- but see who they are. That goes for guys being open to relationships with older women as well. "A godly wife is from the Lord" -- not from calculations. Keep praying with an open heart. God bless.

kindmaninky

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2010 09:51 AM

I say why limit God,if you are both walking in the Spirit and your both into learning more about God you will always have something in common and something to talk about because the things of God are endless.Oh the depths and wisdom of the knowledge of God.But thats just me.

MommiSham10

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2011 09:44 PM

I'm 18 and I prefer older males, but I've dated someone who was 6months younger than me for 5 years.

But as for me I prefer to date those who are at the least 18 and at the most 25. All others can just be an associate or friend, depending on how old the person is but never to date and past that

Page : 1 2 3