Author Thread: Do any guys READ the profiles?
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Do any guys READ the profiles?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 09:13 PM

I appreciate the attention, but it kind of wears me down to have to push people away because they don't bother to take the time to read. I'm sure there are many others, men and women, who have had this happen to them. Is there a solution to this? Should we all have a statement on our headline that says, "READ PROFILE!"?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 11:19 AM

I am not one that doesn't read profiles, but, with some, it's hard to get past the first sentence. If your profile is a laundry list of what you want in a man and says nothing about what you want to be for said man, then I come away feeling like we are doomed from the start. I comes off as arrogance for the most part and is unattractive. There is another thing that may give someone whos motives are genuine, the wrong impression. If your screen name refers to your looks and ends in "4u", or refers to your personality in an arrogant manner, that is a sure pass up. I understand that women are, sometimes assulted by agressive imature men, but to let the attention go to you head is just as unattractive and imature.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 12:37 PM

Just one more thing girls. When you mention the importance of honesty and then lie about your age, it's not a good sign. I understand the reasons, but you have to understand that guys know when you are doing it and it's just better to be straight up.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2009 09:32 PM

I definitely read the profile carefully before I even consider messaging her. I'd be lying if I said looks don't matter at all, but a sweet personality is definitely what seals the deal for me. :)

Page : 1 2