Author Thread: Do any guys READ the profiles?
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Do any guys READ the profiles?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 09:13 PM

I appreciate the attention, but it kind of wears me down to have to push people away because they don't bother to take the time to read. I'm sure there are many others, men and women, who have had this happen to them. Is there a solution to this? Should we all have a statement on our headline that says, "READ PROFILE!"?

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 09:14 PM

I'm sorry. I should have asked, "Why do a lot of guys not read profiles?" I know there are some out there that do and to them, apologies.:purpleangel:

Reacycl

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 08:10 AM

Hi Phoenyx I agree with you totally. There have been a few men who have left me an email just saying what's your number. I do have to comment that there have been more that have actually took the time to read my profile and comment on what they read, but sometimes the few that leave only a few words discourage me to write them back.

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 10:02 AM

Prolly because the guys care more about your looks than your personality? Or that ur personality would become more warm towards them after u start dating them?

To be honest, i typically look at pics first, and then if the pic is good or on the line, ill read the profile. I mean, if i dont want to hug her when i see her, its not gonna help to have a good relationship. So if im not attracted to her physically, there isnt much point in wasting time looking further.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and thats the important thing.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 10:53 AM

And your profile is a very nice one. You get a feel of who you are, especially in your box about first dates. I'm glad that the majority more of men have taken the time to read it and hope you the best. :)

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 03:11 PM

I can somewhat agree. In one of the very first sentences of my profile, I clearly write "I do not instant message." And still I get guys who try to instant message me. That to me is pretty annoying and kind of disrespectful considering the person didn't take the time to read even a few sentences into my profile.

I think there are a lot of good, decent guys on this site though too. Not trying to bring down all the good guys out there :)

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 10:33 PM

No we just look at the pictures. :laugh: Some of us might skim read :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 09:44 PM

I read the profiles and that determines whether I write a message or not. Even if a woman is extremely attractive, if I can't find something interesting in their profile that gives me a place to start a conversation, I won't usually message them. I've sent a few messages where I sent messages without paying attention to the persons profile and learned that it is not an effective way to make friends. I wouldn't even try to instant message someone until we had at least exchanged several regular messages.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 10:14 PM

I definitely read the profile several times before I message someone. Unfortunately I think a lot of guys just message based on a picture rather than looking a little deeper. For me the picture is just the first thing that may bring me to a profile. Since I have been on the chat I am more likely to check out a profile based on what that lady says here. Once I check out their profile I use what they say there to prompt me to try to contact them or not. God Bless!

Reacycl

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 04:23 PM

Hi Phoenyx, thanks for your compliment about my profile, your profile is nice also, I particulary like the "cant-stands" and the "don't minds" :laugh:

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 08:13 AM

Thank you to all the guys and girls who answered the question. I was afraid that the second post wouldn't be noticed. Again, apologies to the men that do read profiles and thank you.:purpleangel:

Page : 1 2