Author Thread: Do you think long distance relatiosnhip will work on you?
PHmizpah

View Profile
History
Do you think long distance relatiosnhip will work on you?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 11:34 PM

Please feel free to answer that question.

Thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 09:03 PM

Well, I have been in one long distance relationship and it didn't work out. Although, my thinking now is that if it's what God truely wants it will work.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 12:51 PM

Yes I do, as long as both people have the same committment. Thank you for starting this.In Christ Jesus, Bryan

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2009 10:54 AM

It would be hard but not impossible.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2009 09:38 PM

I think it can work, provided that both partners are willing to commit to it, and if they have a plan to eventually be together geographically. I dated a girl for a while who lived about 75 miles away from me (whether or not that counts is up for debate), and we got to see each other a couple times per month. The relationship didn't work out, but the distance wasn't really the problem.

differentshades

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2009 01:57 PM

Yes.. "Absence is to love as wind is to fire, it extinguishes the small and inflames the great."

I believe they can work.. when you really care about someone it can be difficult but I'd rather be in a long distance relationship with someone I care about than not be with them at all.. and most often couples do make plans for someone to move in the future. For me to pack up and move my life the man would have to be pretty special but he would prove to me just how special he is when he wants to make a long distance relationship work.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2009 04:35 PM

I definitely know it can happen. My sister is engaged to a young man who lives about four or five hours away from us by car. They don't get to see each other that often, but it's rare for her not to have her bluetooth on and chat with him for hours. they have found ways to make it more affordable to travel, like taking the train.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2009 08:48 AM

I absolutely believe that with the correct chemistry, that long distance relationships are no trouble at all. I've had two long distance relationships. One, he lived about 4.5 hours away and we made sure that we saw eachother every weekend. It ended for reasons not related to the distance. The other, resulted in marriage. He lived 13 hours away. And we only saw eachother collectively for 21 days. But we talked on the phone every night and emailed eachother constantly. We decided that we didn't want to be apart anymore (not that we couldn't, this was a choice) so the next time I drove that 13 hour trip, we got married. Although we aren't married anymore, due to his inability to remain faithful and keep his hands off of me, I don't regret the long distance. I believe it can truly make people closer. Not all good things end badly. I believe that distance makes the heart grow fonder and I believe that you get to know someone on a "deeper" level if you will. Because all you have is words. You don't have "activites" to fill the time you spend together. You just have eachother. And I believe that through distance, you can find out if that is enough. Plus, I'm pretty impulsive, and I wouldn't hesitate to move if I found the right person and wasn't getting the same warning signs as I was with my former LDR. I think long-distance relationships make you cherish the face time that you actually get with this person. God has a plan. He doesn't always put that someone that He has chosen for you in your "25 mile radius" search area ;)

JT_5923

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2009 07:54 PM

Long Distance relationships aren't the easiest but with today's technology they aren't the hardest things on earth either. TGF -Cellphones

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2009 06:52 AM

Hmmm, good question. I've never had a long distance relationship. But as for the post above with today's technology you can see each other in "real-time" with webcam. Talk through a computer like it was a phone. Even fax ther person you are talking with a picture if you wanted. Plane ticket prices aren't getting cheaper (I know, I visited my homecountry three weeks ago). But then again if you really think it's going to work out then the price shouldn't stop you!

Good luck to all who are in a L.D.R.!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2009 10:23 PM

I am in a long distance relationship and though it is a bit tough since I don't get to see her it's worth it. I'm in Arizona and she is in North Carolina which is quite a few states away. I am 99% sure that she is the woman God intends me to spend the rest of my life with. The final confirmation that will get me that 1% is when I meet her in person. I will be flying out to see her somewhere between July and September. God led me to this site when I had sworn off singles web sites of any kind. I'm glad I listened as I have met the most amazing and most beautiful girl ever. She is everything I could have ever imagined in what I desire in a wife. So yes if God intends for you to meet your mate through internet or any other way that is long distance it can and will happen. The distance isn't the key it's the will of God that matters and putting all your trust in Him.

God Bless,

Arod

Page : 1 2 3