Author Thread: Lighten or Strengthen
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Lighten or Strengthen
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 08:59 PM

The last boyfriend I had said he felt like the girl of the relationship, because I'm not that showy with my feelings, if I have any at all towards the person. I know where it stems from a bit. I became really attached to a boy once and, when he left, I cried...a lot. I wasn't too open to begin with, but at the point I swore I wouldn't hurt like that again. After at least three boyfriends, I was with one that I enjoyed being around. That relationship taught me a few things, but one that pertains to this. It wasn't that he wouldn't hurt me, it was that he couldn't, because I wouldn't let him close enough. Anyway, we broke up and are still friends, but he has forever labeled me "Ice Queen" and even made a comic about it. Things haven't changed and I'm praying God will lighten my heart or give me the strength to trust someone that deeply again. Please pray for me.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Lighten or Strengthen
Posted : 14 Apr, 2009 07:31 AM

heya. By no means am I trying to belittle you, but just take this from someone who is almost twice your age (gulp) You are very very young in the realm of dating and relationships. More then likely, 5 years from now the person you are now will be a distant memory. God will work in you, carefully, to make you the right person, for the right person. Just because the reactions of the few people you have dealt with thus far have not been overly favorable, take it with a grain of salt.

I, myself, preffer a person who is less prone to emotion then reason and sensiblity, so there are people out there who can appreciate you, just let God work and bring out the right qualities in you, over time. No need to rush. Focus on him.

5 points baby!

- alex

View Profile
History
Lighten or Strengthen
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 12:35 PM

I just wanted you to know that you have a friend here and I am praying for you.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Lighten or Strengthen
Posted : 27 Apr, 2009 07:59 AM

Actually, it has been about five years since that event, so you have your timeline right, lol. The only reason I thought I was ready for dating again was because I fell for a guy at work because he could read me and always tried to make me smile when I was upset. I couldn't date him because our beliefs differed, but thought it was enough to start looking again and it was right when I wanted to try again (age 20). Only worried about a relapse, but so far it's going good.

Thank you for the encouragedment, both tristan and mapexstudioman. :glow: