Author Thread: Sunday Night Football!
Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 10:34 PM

Hey, sports fans!

Are any of you interested in this football season, like I am?

I just saw my Denver Broncos beat the once-undefeated Kansas City Chiefs in a great game of similarly matched teams.

Very exciting, but we pulled it off with a 27-17 victory at home (Denver). We'll have to see if that will happen again when we meet them on their turf in two weeks.

The most amazing thing about this particular game, for me, was how Peyton Manning's offensive line protected him from sacks. Manning didn't hit the ground even ONCE tonight! The Broncos are gelling perfectly, and turning into a real winning team this year.

I am hoping they can maintain that 'tightness' for the rest of the season--perhaps we can make it to the Super Bowl!

Take care,

--Cat

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 04:45 AM

I still cheer for my Dolphins who have had some wins this season. :applause:

It's been an interesting season for many teams.:party:

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 10:48 PM

I agree, Teach,

This season is a bit strange. But I am finding that praying throughout a game seems to bring positive results. Well, so far, anyway. ;-)

We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

God bless, sis!

--Cat

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 20 Nov, 2013 12:54 PM

Just found out Sojourner left the site again...he was excited about his Raiders.i'll be able to watch the games again this weekend...have been out of town and away from American football for the past 2 weekends.

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 29 Nov, 2013 07:42 PM

Sigh...Cat, I wish I could say my team is doing as well as the Broncos...but alas I cannot.

The Green Bay Packers have seemingly lost the heart and soul of their entire team. When Aaron Rodgers went down I knew that a win was gonna be hard to come by but its been way harder than I expected.

Our playoff hopes may be all but gone this season, we would have to win out all of our games from this point forward (Aaron Rodgers should be returning by our game against Atlanta), and Detroit will have to lose two...

Lots to hope for but still i'm going to say it... Go Pack Go!

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 29 Nov, 2013 07:43 PM

Sigh...Cat, I wish I could say my team is doing as well as the Broncos...but alas I cannot.

The Green Bay Packers have seemingly lost the heart and soul of their entire team. When Aaron Rodgers went down I knew that a win was gonna be hard to come by but its been way harder than I expected.

Our playoff hopes may be all but gone this season, we would have to win out all of our games from this point forward (Aaron Rodgers should be returning by our game against Atlanta), and Detroit will have to lose two...

Lots to hope for but still i'm going to say it... Go Pack Go!

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 06:49 PM

So your Broncos pulled out a win and my Dolphins made another good showing with a win! A good Sunday in football, I'd say!

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2013 07:17 PM

Shutter,

I am very familiar with what you are experiencing with your Packers. Every team has phases like that. Just a few years ago, the Broncos were in that boat, too, and I was not happy.

I have been very fortunate in my lifetime to have lived close to some great football teams during their 'hey-days' of Conference championships and Superbowl wins (notably the Raiders (70s), then the 49ers (80s). Both those teams are not doing so well this year.

If it makes you feel any better, the Broncos haven't won a Superbowl since 1998, and that was only their 2nd time. They're a relatively new team, having joined the NFL in 1960--nearly 3 years before I was born.

But they did win their division Conference 6 times since their founding, the last time in 1998.

So, I am completely familiar with disappointment of seeing my team "fizzle out" as the season wears on. Right now I live in fear of 4 teams we might go up against in the playoffs: Seattle Seahawks (beat us in this season's pre-season); Indianapolis Colts (Manning has a weakness for them, so we lost in Oct); New England Patriots (one tough team, they beat us); and the Kansas City Chiefs (even though we've beaten them twice, were hard games to win).

While I appreciate watching two evenly-matched teams play--the games are much more exciting--I really don't like being that worried over a SPORT!

I feel like I'm getting a bit over-excited this year, just because we really have a chance to go 'all the way'--if the Broncos don't mess up.

This season, they've racked up quite a few broken records, including Matt Prater's 64-yard field goal against the Titans. The old NFL record was 63 yards, unbroken--though matched a few times--for over 43 years. Until last ngiht.

My new mantra: "It's just a GAME!" If I make it through the season, I'm gonna have to talk to a professional (psychiatrist?) to find out why it means SO MUCH to me. LOL!

Shutter, I'll make you a deal. If you pray with me that the Broncos go all the way to the Superbowl and win it this year, I will pray the same thing for your Packers next season. What do you say, eh?

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2013 07:30 PM

Teach,

Sorry to hear Sojourner has left again. Would have been great talking to him about the upcoming Broncos vs Raiders game they'll play on my birthday (29th).

Hope he comes back soon. He was one of the good ones on here.

By the way, 7-6 ranking is not bad, the Dolphin still have a shot.

Take care, sis!

--Cat

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2013 07:36 PM

Glad to see you're still around, Cat. Your Broncos started slow yesterday!

I was actually in Denver for several of their 'no-show' performances at the Super Bowls in the mid 90s...I think at least 3!

The sign of a true fan is one who sticks with their team even when they're having off-seasons. It's tough but when they come back or beat one of the 'unbeatable' teams it's always exciting.

One of my nephews is a Packers fan so I get to experience a little of the pain each time they lose. They can be a spoiler for some of the teams.

Hard to believe we're in the final weeks of the season!

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 06:36 AM

Don't write off my Ravens just yet! :yay:

Page : 1 2