Author Thread: Like A Woman To Pursue?
Queenkat28

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 09:05 PM

Hello guys,

My question is: how much does a guy like a women to pursue him as well? If she had his number, do you mind her texting or calling first? What are "turn ons and turn offs" for you"? lol

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 11:26 PM

Depends on the guy and the character of his ego. Some hate it, some love it. If the woman does make the first moves she must just be careful not to be too eager, might set off warning alarms in his head (imagine a lot of melodrama with people bumping into each other hehe).

Queenkat28

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 07:19 PM

Wow, you have a great way of explaining things. I completely get that! :applause:

What about when I sometimes hear some guys say "It would be nice if she would text first sometimes because it takes the pressure off"? Is the true for most guys or does it vary? Thanks for responding btw.

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 11:07 PM

There can be a lot of pressure yes. Especially these days where the man is ridiculed or called all sorts of negative things for being "too aggressive" in this situation.

In the old days a man could pop up everywhere or even kidnap the woman from her fathers house and it would be considered extremely romantic. These days he get's called a stalker or a dangerous mentally unstable criminal.

On the other hand there is simply the fact that men who actively seek female companionship are seen as only looking for sex or just plain creepy. This is the general schizophrenic view men have of the situation.

Of course there is also the possibility that men are generally just as nerve-wrecked as woman when it comes to possible emotional rejection but of course this won't be spoken of in the light of day :laugh:

All these things can play a role somehow, separately or together.

Queenkat28

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 12:07 AM

Lol, really!?! Seen as too aggressive or a stalker...not in Cali. The guys here really do not approach or try to date a girl except after texting or phone calls for a loooong period of time with a girl. lol

In my opinion, it seems like men have been hurt and they are trying to protect themselves. Every time I am approached by a guy, usually we text/ talk or see each other at church and this has been the new dating style. Boy, what I would give for a guy to just ask me out on a date without six months minimum of causal conversation before he does it. :winksmile:

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 12:26 AM

The only other thing I can think of is how men perceive most woman to have rather unrealistic expectations of perspective partners. For mere hook-ups you just need the right equipment functioning correctly. For a relationship you keep hearing from woman that they want someone ambitious, serious, well off, etc.

I can only speak for myself. Whenever I see a list like that I realize I probably meet none of those artificial and rather ambiguous standards so I ignore the woman. Best not to waste time on someone that will probably find one thing in me she dislikes and go cold as ice. And yes that has happened a lot, but then again I'm not exactly typical so it goes with the territory.

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 08:22 AM

i dont know about the rest of the guys here,

as for myself i have experienced 3 decades of

equal rights propoganda,

survived the blue laws of the 70's-80's.

i would just like to encourage you to remember,

in this day and age it does appear a fella could

be imprisoned simply for trying to ask a lady out,

i.e. harrasment,stalking,assault,mayhem,disturbing the peace,disorderly conduct,public menace.

just to name a few charges one could face for simply saying,

" Hello " these days.....

however be not discouraged,it is in God's divine sense of humor to ensure His Order is not to be unsurped by the systems of men....

women need not pursue!!!!

if You have the appropriate look,and a muffin,

YOu can catch a man!!!!

the thing You ladies need to figure out is

"HOW to Keep a man?"

for that it seems, is a lost art form...

not seen in this land since 1950?

is it not the order of God that women

are the keepers of men?

and not visa versa ,as is modern propoganda?

or ,

maybe i am crazy and need to be ignored?

Queenkat28

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2013 11:48 AM

Now, that is true! I have definitely been guilty of seeing something I don't like in a guy and "going cold". Honestly, no one really teaches women what to expect in guy except telenovelas, movies, magazines, friends, and culture. So if these things are our teachers, we cant help, but have unrealistic expectations. :glow:

Queenkat28

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2013 11:52 AM

Wow! Actually, you said a lot great and profound things....some things I really needed to hear. Thanks for sharing!

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2013 03:49 PM

It may depend on the woman. Traditionally the man initiates. In Biblical times, it was up to the man to go out and seek or recruit other to acquire him a wife. A lot of the dealings where through the Father in exchange for something that the Father wanted.

We moved way on from that. I think it depends on the relationship. In a courtship men are the ones to seek and go after the gal and to initiate conversation. God calls men to be leaders.

I think as our society gets more modern, we see that women are being empowered, they are going to school, not bad things. But in return, perhaps its not necessary for Men to pursue because Women are just as capable.

Some women want the men to pursue them, but in our society today it may be hard to tell. I think perhaps women can show signs of interest and in a way that initiates if the guy picks up on that interest. Such would be if he/she stops texting, interest just went away. But if texting or calling happens often, then there is interest. Its then that the man should make the initiative to seek more about her and ask to date or court her.

Queenkat28

View Profile
History
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2013 04:42 PM

That is what I am finding out....I am learning that typically men like to pursue, but want women to show interest or make it easy for them to be pursued. :glow:

Page : 1 2