Author Thread: Politically Correct???
prolife1

View Profile
History
Politically Correct???
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 10:18 AM

Our world is in crisis...politically, finiancially, moraly, spiritually, yet it seems to me today that if you speak up for what you belive in...you are not politically correct? I love Jesus Christ with all of my heart, and if I do not speak up when I feel, or see something morally wrong...against HIS Word then what kind of christian am I. Most active christians that are very conservative really take a lot of heat for their convictions, and beliefs. I belong to a few "on fire" for God organizations that truly bleive its time we christains get off our duffs, and put our believes in action. Afterall... as the saying goes": "What would Jesus DO"?...what do u think that is supposed to mean?

So don't judge me if I say what I feel, and do what God would want me to do.

We are losing ground more and more everyday in our christian societies simply because we just sit back, watch what happens, and then wonder 'why' it happened?

I am a true advocate for PRO-LIFE, and am totally against this new administration that promotes using my taxes to support embryonic stem-cell research from aborted ...innocent babies. That is appauling that our new Change...president expects us...the tax payer to supporthis act that is nothing short of 'murder'.

The family unit as we knew it is practically a thing of the past. Marriage used to mean something in America, but now that homo-sexuals can freely get married is an inslult to that union.

If you call yourself a true Christian, but yet support this new White House Administration...well not sure I'd want to know you. I can pray for you... forgive...but would have a real hard time believing how you can straddle the fence, and be totally for God.

God Bless Us All...and YEs America...we are still a Christian nation..regardless of what the president says:)

sunshineaaks

View Profile
History
Politically Correct???
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 07:03 PM

You are only politically correct if you speak up for sin rather than against it. I�m always curious when someone says they are pro-life and a Christian. As far as politically correct, that I am not. I often wonder what goes through a person�s head when they claim they are pro-life and in the next breath say it�s alright for a raped woman to abort the second victim in this crime. From your post, you don�t sound like one of these who profess to be pro-life but in fact pick and choose who should or should not be allowed abortions.

I am pro-life by the way, and also a Christian. I am also for capital punishment. How can a person be pro-life and for the death penalty? Because the unborn child is innocent of any crime and the one on death row is guilty of taking another life. (granted some are innocent but that�s for another thread) When Jesus speaks of turning the other cheek, He is speaking of retaliation and revenge against personal attacks not shrugged shoulders to criminal acts. It�s quite clear God�s justice as well as His guidance on governmental guidelines to the murderer etc and it isn�t turning the other cheek to allow them to continue killing maiming, raping and destroying life. Nor is it life in prison which takes away much needed supplies for the children of our nation left destitute. The inmate on death row is given ample time to get their heart right with God before they die. The free person is not given a time and date of death.

As far as America being �a Christian society�, I would have to disagree with you there. What I see now is God�s back turned against American and He has given her over to her reprobate mind. (Abortion, free sex and if it is not free take it from anyone or anything you can because there isn�t much for punishment anyway, torture of children taken from their homes or abandoned to be used by degenerates for their own pleasure and greed, the political arena focused on their own greed rather than the welfare of the ones they govern. People who claim to be Christians allowing fornication, homosexuality, theft, abortion, false teachings, and any number of things because �we have to play nice and not offend anyone with the truth about sin�. Then there are those who do stand up against sin and are accused of hating the very ones we pray earnestly and sorrowfully for. The accusations for hate not only from the unsaved and the very sector who claim to be followers of Christ and can not see past their arrogant hypocrisy but also from the �Christian� segment who can not fathom the difference from hating the sin but earnestly praying for the sinner.

Yes, America can be one of the greatest Christian nations around (no matter what our highest officials claim) but that would mean turning back to God through Christ. That would mean turning from sin and repenting for changed lives. That would mean giving up greed and self to honor and praise Him alone. Will that happen? I don�t know, there aren�t enough people who claim to be Christian praying for the salvation of our nation.

By the way, if you have not heard of CARM, you would be good on those discussion forums as well. May God bless always