Author Thread: why all the lies????
Admin

why all the lies????
Posted : 24 Apr, 2009 06:04 PM

so here is the question.... how come people post jobs or status that they do not possess??? i have emailed guys on here and after a few emails the truth about them comes out... either they are not really a preacher but want to be, or they do have kids (which is no big deal at all), or they are not truly sold out to God. i have been approached by several guys on here and most are not what they appear to be? does anyone out there tell the truth? why all the misconceptions? am i foolish to believe this site should be differrent?

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 25 Apr, 2009 01:55 AM

I am completely with you on this one! But it doesn't just come from the guys!!!! I thought, being a 'Christian' site, some of the attitudes, the cold shoulders and the truth would be in the forefront....not so.

I can't speak for all the guys; but I can speak for one....me. I have tried to be open and honest in my profile. I answer every email. If I doin't feel it, I tell them that I really enjoy just being friends.

I believed there would more character and integrity on this site. Don't get me wrong, I have met some wonderful people on here and find this site is somewhat better than the others. Yet I am still amazed at how I've experienced from those calling themselves Christians.

On behalf of all the guys who were pigs, inconsiderate, inappropriate and ungodly, I repent. I hope you and others won't judge all of us by the few who don't know what it means to be Chrit-like!

Blessings

Tank

BTW...I really am a preacher!!!

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 25 Apr, 2009 08:08 AM

It is very sad but also very true what your are saying my sister.

Because it is a Christian site not all people are honest and truthful.

This has nothing to do I believe with the people that run the site but with the integrity of the person that is posting his personal information.

Many men want to marry a faithful wife while themselves don�t want to be committed and faithful, so they pretend. I speak this from experience as a pastor. I have seen men come to the altar and cry and cry and get baptized in the water never miss a bible study or a prayer meeting until they convince the girl that they want to get married, and after marriage and little time not only forget the church but most important the Lord.

May God give discernment and wisdom.

Love is blind and marriage is an eye opener.

�Not all that say Lord - Lord shall enter the kingdom of God�.�

Respectfully

Ted

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 26 Apr, 2009 06:15 PM

I too have had bad experiences with acquaintances on Christian sites...was very shocked at how frequent it happens. Twice I have been asked for money or help transferring money from foreign accounts...how crazy is that??

And yes I am sure its not just men...we all have to be careful and just hope that the truth comes to light before someone gets hurt. Pray that God will lead us to the right person and that those who are dishonest will find their way to God!!

Good luck to all...and God Bless...sdbelle

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 27 Apr, 2009 06:30 AM

Read: Advice on Love and Dating- Scammers "I am"...she is on to something...I have noticed the same simularities with those contacts that are suspicious. sdbelle

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 28 Apr, 2009 06:38 PM

I finally learned to trust again, and same thing happened. I met a guy, on this site actually, he kept me hanging for several months, said he was only corresponding with me, seemed to be a great Christian with a strong walk, but eventually I found him lying to me, and playing all the same male games with several other women. I was heartbroken.

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 28 Apr, 2009 07:53 PM

Hi, ladies! I wanted to address this to mombo & joy.

Mombo, I praised God on your behalf because of the way He is displaying His providence towards you. He is allowing you the privilege of being able to see through the smoke screens before too much damage is done. Nothing happens to us without first passing through the hands of a loving God. You are not foolish, or alone. Betrayal is sometimes a byproduct of choosing to live with an open heart. Remember, Jesus knew Peter would deny Him, yet He never gave up on Him.

Joy, we share a common denominator! The definition of my real name means "joy". Don't let those "counterfeits" rob you of the root of your strength...your joy. I've stated this before on this site and will keep repeating it until it replaces the negative opinions: Man's rejection is God's protection. Jesus set the bar very high, and He is the benchmark for the mate that God has in store for you.

There's just been way too much negativity being posted on this site for me to keep silent any longer. It's time to turn it around. The word says to take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ...we do that by meditating on God's Truth, not the lies that some are choosing to spread.

To both: Love is worth the risk...Jesus believed so. HALLELUJAH FOR THAT!!

Remember, it's not the nails that kept Him on the cross. It was LOVE!

In Christ Love,(and mine)

Jocelyn.

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 30 Apr, 2009 03:45 PM

Wow thanks for the positive encouragement and confirmation of what my Christian friends have been telling me also!

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 30 Apr, 2009 04:39 PM

Hey, Joy!

You are so very welcome!

It's the evidence of Christ working in you that allowed you to readily receive "rebuke" from a stranger. It's humbling to know that the Lord used me to validate what I believe God has already been speaking to your heart.

I pray that all of our future experiences on this site will be more fruitful and positive.

Blessings,

Jocelyn.

KC_Mike

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 2 May, 2009 09:07 PM

If you find out someone is lying think of it as a blessing. God is saving you from heartache and exposing them for the frauds that they are.

There are sheep in wolves clothing everywhere, even Christian dating sites. All the more reason to pray always and keep God's word in your heart.

I advise my daughter to know 3 important things about any man that wants to get to know her. A woman's time and her company is valuable and more precious than gold. Before giving a man any of her time a woman should know; (1) what church they attend and if they are accountable to the Pastor & Elders, (2) where they work and (3) where they live. Asking men these 3 questions will run off 99.9% of all liars, cheats, frauds and wackos.

View Profile
History
why all the lies????
Posted : 2 May, 2009 09:24 PM

Yes, prayer is the first line of defense. It's a necessary ingredient to mount a great offense.

Reading your post is proof that there are good men out there who are training up their daughters to spot the counterfeits from the start.

Those who didn't grow up with a protective earthly father need to be reminded that their Heavenly Father always has their back.

Thanks for having ours by posting those three questions.

Peace,

Jocelyn.

Page : 1 2