Author Thread: A Friendly Chat??? Can U Have One?
Crowned278

View Profile
History
A Friendly Chat??? Can U Have One?
Posted : 6 Mar, 2014 12:22 AM

Many times I've ready inviting profiles, the picture are great and i can see the face and get a rough idea of who i am about to chat with and the profile detail is interesting. Recently I'm finding that most a casual non-flirting and friendly chat seems to get shunned and ignored and i don't know why.

I don't know if this is because they don't like the person on the other side because they've judged them by their looks and said to themselves that they are not interested or if they don't know what to say because they never expected somebody to have a casual chat without wanting to take them out for the dinner the net of chatting with them online! I really don't know.

Do you in general and in public find it difficult to chat online and in public?

If a person approached you in a public setting and just started talking to you how would you respond or would you react and go all shy?

Im not sure but i think many of us here online really don't know what want and we don't really know who we are and that fact alone affects how we might approach a person in conversation and online dating. What do you think?

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2014 09:13 PM

approach in public and you will get a response. Too many approaches online so they get picky.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2014 01:37 PM

I understand brother.

In public I have no problem, I just go right up and have a normal chat with them, but for the most part online I find people seem to ignore simple conversation starting questions, it's just strange, I mean in person you don't go up and ask the person about their hobbies and siblings etc. right away, you'll want to know what their name is and how they are doing that day.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2014 01:52 PM

^ in public and online is NOT the same. the approach shouldn't be the same either.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2014 02:24 PM

Why did you emphasis the not? We're not blind.

So what approach would you suggest then?

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2014 11:00 AM

Not sure if I did this right for posting at the bottom as the last person. Sorry.

I can honestly say that if I get too many VIEWS (ie, on this site) then I feel rather overwhelmed. I actually left the site for a few weeks before because of the attraction I feel for someone and the overall bombardment of attention i get. It's really kind of scary.

Okay. I'm just "breaking in" here. Sorry.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2014 03:05 PM

In person and online approaches should not be the same. You are right. Online you should be a bit more cautious, IMHO, because of all the weirdos and stalkers out there.

Because a person doesn't know you are fully trustworthy it's best to be cautious with them if you haven't met them.

That's what I think, anyway.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2014 03:56 PM

It is better to start off as friends, anyway. They say you marry your best friend, right?

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2014 05:51 AM

It depends on how a person treated a certain person on chat or in public. There are many factors that would affect the behavior or emotion of that person, for example the kind of greetings,the way of approached, what kind of a message of that person mailed to the other party,esp the behavior.

The level of identity and behavioral display really differs on online than public conversation. On chat u cant really recognized what kind of a person he/she was unlike on public itself u can have a lil hint or idea about this person.

The point is, it depends on the level of your maturity and open mindedness to deal with these simple matters.

Always remember be wise as a serpent and be gentle as a dove

God bless u

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2014 01:41 AM

I think it is rude to simply ignore a friendly chat. If the person is not interested in a chat they could simply say no thanks.

For example I would reply no-thanks to anyone starting a chat with me if I see they are from a different coutry. Simply because I am probably never going to meet them in real life.

I understand some people might get too many replies, but then they should remove their profile, or make a note on it that they are on dating holiday or something. I mean, why have a profile if you are not interested in chatting to anyone?

Stephanieskitten

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2014 04:17 PM

I'm usually more ok with talking to people online than I am in person... If someone were to walk up to me in person and just start talking I'd probably get freaked out and walk away. Online feels a little bit less intimidating but it's hard to start up convos because you have to approach it a certain way. Simple sentences and good grammar for me go eons beyond a "U seem nice, lets chat" But maybe that's just me?

Page : 1 2