Author Thread: Simple question.
BibleGent

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 4 May, 2009 02:02 PM

First impressions stick very well. What's mine? Check out the profile and let me know, what are your first thoughts. And if you're trying to be nice, and don't want to be 'brutally honest' you can always message me privately and let me know. Remember, I'm already asking, so you won't offend me.

Thanks.

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 4 May, 2009 04:55 PM

Ok, first impressions (I'm going to do this a bit train-of-thought with explanations in brackets): Ginger! :applause:

BibleGent

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 5 May, 2009 03:32 AM

I think you may of forgotten to actually write the first impression in that post.

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 5 May, 2009 08:17 AM

*sigh* actually it was pretty thorough, and I thought I'd posted it. So, either something got lost in the posting or a Mod. decided what I said wasn't cool. At any rate, I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

BibleGent

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 5 May, 2009 07:14 PM

Well then, I guess someone else can look at the profile and answer my question. How about it?

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 6 May, 2009 06:24 AM

I think your profile is excellent. Too bad you are too young....smiles. May God bless you abundantly as you continue to wait on Him. In Him, Trudi

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 7 May, 2009 12:26 PM

You remind me of a young man that is my daughters best friend. He comes from a wonderful Chrisitan family. He has never dated either. He" hangs out " with his friends. All of which are girls. My daughter loves him but he is waiting for the timnig to be right. For him it won't be untill he is finished with college. then he will be able to date and propose to the right girl. I as the mother of a young girl would love to see this boy come back after college and propose to her. As a mother of a 21 year old son i admire this young mans intetions to become a provider first and not to seek after a girl with whom a relationship before it's ready would interfer with his future. My first impression of yur picture was that of why are you avoiding the camera... What are you hiding? this boy i know has a lot of femine characteristics and i have at times thought that he was Gay becasue how could he Not love my daughter? (mother talking) then to think he has never dated.. all his friends are girls but none of them like him deeper than a friend except for my daughter who has the ability to overlook his femine characteristics. Most girls will not look that deep. so not really knowing you, but just seeing your picture made me think that your hiding something. i'd like to see apicture of you looking at the camera. I have read and so have my daughters the i kissed Dating goodbye book, both of them. I think they are wonderful. But i also think sometimes you need to follow your heart because someone who truely loves you might be right in front of you but you won't see her because your waiting on a time table or for something better.... I think it's good to get to know someone and be best friends first. but You seem to be at the right age for getting married. i think you should start dating several different girls, chrisitan ones of coarse then you can narrow them down to the ones that seem to be best fitted to you. then go from there. sorry i probably wrote more than you wanted to hear.. i'm a mom and sometimes advice weather it's wanted or not just comes out of me. sorry. God be with you young brother.

BLessings Beth.

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 7 May, 2009 12:52 PM

one more thing... you have on your profile that you want a friend. I think you should change that to wanting to be married. Everyone is on here to make a friend and everyone knows frienship comes first before anything else.

But if your dream is to someday be married.. then you should change that.. otherwise it looks like your not hoping to start a freindship with someone on this site that may lead to a deeper realtionship. Know what I mean? ok that's it just some more motherly advice.

Blessings, Beth

BibleGent

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 7 May, 2009 03:33 PM

A buddy of mine took those pictures. I posted the ones that looked the most interesting with the colors and camera angles. Looking straight ahead to the camera bores me, it's too plain in my tastes as an artist.

Secondly, dating several different girls is not my game. I want my first relationship to be my last and only relationship. So being friends with girls is where I stand, and why I have my interest in friendship. I will not date a girl until I am confident that it is God's will to marry that person. As Joshua Harris pointed out, dating several different girls to narrow down my options is like test driving a car to see which one fits me best. I won't put girls through rejection like that simply to find someone for myself. That's my view anyways. Thanks for looking over the profile though, and I appreciate your comments, suggestions, and remarks.

For Christ,

Dave

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 8 May, 2009 02:48 AM

I like to read profiles and I agree first impression is important.So here�s my take, If am below 30 I will not finish reading it but skip to the next profile. The saving grace is your photo and wether we admit it or not, deny it to heavens, ladies do like to see photos with character. Your other photo with the sun is just terrific and you look so handsome�you even have a resemblance to my fave actor�matt damon.. Now the brutally honest part is coming, brace yourself AND PLEASE FORGIVE ME NOW IF i HURT YOUR FEELINGS...

INTEREST: Creation, Art, Science, Literature, Computers.

ABOUT ME. He has also saved me from several other areas that wouldn't of been right for me. One of these areas, dating.

***(So what do you mean by this? And why are you here when this is clearly a dating site�) I have never dated, and I thank God that He has kept me out of relationships that wouldn't of been in His will.**(This is a good opening)

I am not here to find a wife and disrupt God's plan for my life I am here to meet people who share the same faith, and who I can be friends with. My personal view on dating is that I would have to be friends first. It's a requirement. So that's what I'm looking for.***(I think that is a turn off� a wife is not a disruption to His plan in your life and we all know just as posted above that we meet people here as friends first then see how God�s hand moves from here)I am very creative, but somewhat of an introvert at first. I am respectful, and try to show myself friendly and a gentlemen. I believe in treating a lady as such, and hold true to the old values. Opening a car door, offering a coat, paying for the lady. The classic things that aren't shown too much anymore. While I have plenty of flaws, with God's help I try and overcome them. I'm a work in progress,*** (This is just great, women young or old wants to be treated as ladies and we adore gentlemen ) but I'm not finished. FIRST DATE: Dating is a term I don't quite use. In the words of Joshua Harris, I kissed dating goodbye. I'd much rather look for friendship. To find common interests and see how, the Lord is working in her life. I am looking for a virtuous woman, as her price is far above rubies. I am strong in my faith, I know what I believe and why I believe it. Some may call this narrow minded, but my God is narrow minded****(HUH.. Of course not, He is compassion, forgiveness , Patience Himself) So with friendship being the first step, I wouldn't consider dating unless I was ready to marry that person. (So what will you do if someone here starts to msg. you and say, shall we meet? I�m just 2 miles away. ) Though I do have a flare for the romantic, and my creativity would probably access the situation and how well I know the person to do something that would show not only my desire to begin a loving relationship, but that would be original just for her.***(this is not you, when you don�t even have some dating experience)

IF I HAVE TO REWRITE YOUR PROFILE, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS

I have never dated, and I thank God that He has kept me out of relationships that wouldn't have been in His will .I am here to meet and make friends with people who share the same faith and values .

I am not in a hurry to get married and I wouldn't consider serious dating unless I was ready to marry that person. . I'd much rather look for friendship, to find common interests and see how, the Lord will work and move in our lives. . I am looking for a virtuous woman, as her price. is far above rubies. I am strong in my faith, I know what I believe and why I believe it. I am very creative, but somewhat of an introvert at first. I am respectful, and try to show myself friendly. I am a gentlemen. I believe in treating a lady

I am very much into _______ (aspect of art) and i read the works of____________( LITERATURE,)i like (nature trekking and see the beauty of His(CREATION) and make websites? net surfing? photoshop editing( what do you do with COMPUTERS)

View Profile
History
Simple question.
Posted : 8 May, 2009 03:06 AM

SORRY, when I opy pasted it from the word...page 2 was not highlighted so the profile an unfinished work of art:laugh:

here's the bottom part

as such, and hold true to the old values. Opening a car door, offering a coat, paying for the lady. The classic things that aren't shown too much anymore. While I have plenty of flaws, with God's help I try and overcome them. I'm a work in progress

FIRST DATE: WHERE, WHAT, a date for women is always as exciting as a prom and nervy as visiting a dentist...just kidding.!!!

All the best to you young man, hope you'll find that jewel you are seeking for. Don't be afraid to date casually to ball games, parks, ice cream parlors it will also add to our self confidence....

Don't forget: women likes sweet words esp. if coupled with substance: example.... Thank you for being sweet at the chat site so I thought of giving you this(chocolate) "

Page : 1 2