Author Thread: Interracial Relationships
Bmore_Lion91

View Profile
History
Interracial Relationships
Posted : 23 Jul, 2014 12:19 AM

So, I recently started talking to a woman outside of my race. We went to a church on our first meeting, and got looked at funny. Then, we went to Walmart and got more looks. I'm just basically wondering why people are not aware of it. Black and white can mix, it's not the end of the world.

ChristianRailfan

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2014 10:37 PM

Nicely stated Hidden. ^_^ The only thing I really can add is that "after his own kind" doesn't mean "whites with whites, blacks with blacks" - rather, it's a matter of "human with human, dogs with dogs" and so on. It refers strictly to species, not color.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2014 11:51 AM

ty railfan.

Good add I might say!

Blessings!:angel::angel:

song0joy

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2014 01:50 PM

I want to say this. I have been in a careful relationship with an African immigrant for the past year. I do not think there is anything wrong with interracial mixing. But I do realize that what comes along with that is a mixing of culture and ideas. It is easy to get caught up in the novelty of being with someone who is so different and appealing, and those might all be good qualities which we value. Just make sure that you are not blind to the differences in personality and ways of thinking, i.e. do not be blind to differences in values and faith, and the different way that this person may view you or herself. We all grow up under certain expectations, and we may live with the opinion of ourselves imposed by our families and the world, but the goal is to put those things aside and make sure to see ourselves as Christ sees us, as beautiful and precious and needful of the grace which he offers in the Spirit. The opinion of the world does not matter in God's eyes, but he does care to see that your love is genuine, based on his example, and that you are equally yoked with a believer who feels as you do about the most important things you value.

song0joy

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2014 01:50 PM

I want to say this. I have been in a careful relationship with an African immigrant for the past year. I do not think there is anything wrong with interracial mixing. But I do realize that what comes along with that is a mixing of culture and ideas. It is easy to get caught up in the novelty of being with someone who is so different and appealing, and those might all be good qualities which we value. Just make sure that you are not blind to the differences in personality and ways of thinking, i.e. do not be blind to differences in values and faith, and the different way that this person may view you or herself. We all grow up under certain expectations, and we may live with the opinion of ourselves imposed by our families and the world, but the goal is to put those things aside and make sure to see ourselves as Christ sees us, as beautiful and precious and needful of the grace which he offers in the Spirit. The opinion of the world does not matter in God's eyes, but he does care to see that your love is genuine, based on his example, and that you are equally yoked with a believer who feels as you do about the most important things you value.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2014 11:59 AM

hi Rambo..

hope doing gr8..

was just exploring des thngs wen dis msg of urs caught my site...

most of the Indian girls r fair, [well not in my case.. lol.. im wheatish..]

n i thnk u guy sud have carried it on[if urll didnt..] coz the Lord brought ur close n thus he had plans for urll..

bt i know at times parents do disagree cos of the external pressures..

i hope u didnt mind me writting in..

thanks.

God Bless..

:angel:

Phillay

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2014 10:32 PM

I grew up around persons from many different countries. I have had/have asian, white, black, indian, american, caribbean friends from a very young age. Racism is a learned trait. No one is born racist.

I wouldn't feel bad if someone told me they couldn't date me simply because I'm black just as I wouldn't be offended if they said the reason was my height, of country of origin, or size, or hair color. You get the point. It's not my fault, it's not their fault. Someone taught them incorrectly and they never grew up.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2014 01:20 PM

Moses married an Ethiopian....and when his sister and Aaron whispered among themselves about it, his sister got Leprosy because God was angered. Hope that clears things up.

I think it is a matter of preference (though it must be two godly minded individuals). I certainly have no problem dating outside my race, but I have my preference...I don't find black women attractive at all (sorry) for example.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2014 04:22 PM

@OP:

I'm sorry you experienced such behaviour - if it's any encouragement then maybe some of the second glances were because it's an uncommon situation in that area, rather than hostility per se. I've no idea, I'm just guessing because I wasn't there and it doesn't change how it made you feel anyway.

Having said that, dating outside of your own race (I hate that word - we're all of the human race), or more accurately, somebody from a different culture, is always going to be more difficult and less accepted than dating those of the same. As an example, even though Eastern Europeans are generally as white as British people, they're not so readily accepted within our society, ostensibly because of their different culture - it's obviously not a racial thing but still they're considered 'alien' to us. I'm sure you can think of better and more specific examples yourself.

Be encouraged - a change of location may be all that is needed.

Maija2014

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2014 08:59 AM

hi!pray about those who do the looks on you and be happy,in Gods eyes we are all his children,created and loved as we are.

God bless you

Maija

Jackcordierre

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2017 09:16 AM

Let me ask you something. What's more important what the world wants or what God wants?

Page : 1 2 3