Author Thread: I am now seeing the persecution Christ has talked about...
Admin

I am now seeing the persecution Christ has talked about...
Posted : 8 Aug, 2014 04:32 PM

Its kind of weird (I guess you could say weird), but its all starting to be seen clearly now by me. I work with a lot of non-believers, and of course we talk a lot about relationships and such. Well, with that we also talk about how we view sex and all. With the group of people I work with, many have asked me why I haven't had sex yet. One person has told me that through talking with other people at my workplace, that when they mentioned I was still a virgin, those people just laughed. Now, don't get me wrong, I could really care less about it. I live my life to please God, not others. I guess when I was younger I either just didn't pay attention/notice, or It just didn't happen much to me (part of that stems from going to a private Christian school). But now, being older and having discussions on that stuff, you start to see how the non-believers think. I think some just don't understand WHY I do the things I do. Not only am I doing this for God, but I also am just that special/romantic thinking person where I feel its special to save myself for that ONE woman. Its like to some of them, sex is the most important thing and everyone HAS to do it to be cool.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2014 02:38 AM

Interestingly enough if you were still a virgin because of following some mystical eastern religion... they would fall over themselves to tell you how awesome that is :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2014 07:59 AM

Yeah I know right? It's just amazing seeing how much the world's thinking can corrupt people's minds. It seems like sex is all that's talked about anymore.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2014 09:45 PM

I find it very strange the managers allow the employees to talk about their sex life at work. It's very unprofessional and inappropriate too. Further it could lead to lawsuits over sexual harassment. Also since when is a person who's not a virgin any more not a Christian? I assume you didn't mean for it to come across like that but it does. Also although I find your joke funny I am unaware of any eastern religions that have virgins. As far as I understand Hinduism they hold much the same views as Christians on that and marriage issues but that's the only one. Buddhist monks may abstain from sex with women, however they do plenty with the other monks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2014 10:33 AM

Not far east enough, celibacy is a big thing to some sects of Buddism. Ancient paganism (which has been revived somewhat) help a lot a uses for virgins.