Author Thread: Long Term Relationship?
Admin

Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 24 May, 2009 06:12 PM

I'm sure this question has been asked ad nauseum and given several really good answers, but why are some people listing their "looking for" as "Long Term Relationship" instead of "Marriage Partner"?

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 24 May, 2009 11:13 PM

I never really thought about it. I have "LTR" listed, and I guess I did it because I have kids at home. I didn't list "marriage partner" because I didn't want to appear like I was looking for a dad for the kids and would jump at the first person that showed any interest. Lol

I think people also list LTR instead of marriage partner because they want to date for quite awhile before marriage. Marriage partner to me means that the person is wanting to move things along so to speak.

That's the way I see it - totally my opinion. But I do understand what you mean. All dating is for the purpose of finding the person you will spend your life with.

Jabrita

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 25 May, 2009 11:55 AM

When I see LTR, I think the person is looking for a relationship, but not necessarily marriage. Some of us want to be married and others don't. It's all good, but it shows what a person wants and what their priorities are . . . my opinion and just that - nothing more . . . j

panj

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 25 May, 2009 01:32 PM

yeah, i don't get it either. I think its a bit pointless. if your going to have a long term relationship, why not get married. I mean, esp if your a Christian. HELLO!!! lol

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 25 May, 2009 08:58 PM

Thanks for everyone's opinions I was just wondering if there was something obvious that I was missing. I guess I can understand wanting a LTR when you have never been married before or if your someone who doesn't have a problem with pre-marital sex, however at my age and after having been married and now divorced, I find the prospect of dating (the right way) for a long period before getting married quite daunting.

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 27 May, 2009 05:02 PM

Wow, quite educating. I never thought much of the difference. I also thought that putting "marriage" gets across as desperate. I put 'anything' just because I was thinking "there aint no way I would just start a 'marriage-intended' relationship without been acquiantances 1st. I guess that's a given.

Thanks for your perspectives. I am going to change my profile :)

BeautifulD

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 09:25 AM

I can't even remember what I put to be totally honest!! BUT... I'm more prone to put anything, because I am looking for friends, for prayer partners, for a husband! Lol! I'm lookin for whatever I can get!! :ROFL: Just playing.. but I don't want to scare people off or make them think that I am just looking for a husband!

DEPENDABLE67

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 01:41 PM

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK TO YOU MORE.:angel:

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 04:16 PM

Sis.. I think peopel put LTR because they don't yet know what they wnat form life and are probably afraid of marriage.. But thats just my POV

GBU

bethany

DEPENDABLE67

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 10:30 AM

WELL THEN LETS TALK EMAIL OR MESSAGE ME OK.:angel:

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 26 Dec, 2010 08:53 AM

I put marriage partner because I don't want to spend a long time with someone that is not serious about eventual marriage.