Author Thread: Why is it...
Admin

Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 01:40 AM

that a good majority of the girls who i have contacted, or have contacted me, when leaving a message (be it in return or the original) put very little effort into it?

I can understand not knowing what to say, and thats why i filled out my profile as best i could. However, I have gotten two messages within the past week *yeah, i dont get to many to say the least* that go something like this:

"hey there" and thats literally all she wrote. What is my motivation to reply to that? Yes I viewed her profile and I dont see alot in common, which is why i didnt message in the first place.

"I am proud of you! Serving the country. I like men who are in the military." Not a direct quote, but it gets the point across. I am not in the military, but I am wanting to be in it. I state that clearly in my profile. I have recently added not to thank me for service I have not done *wanting to do, and currently doing are very different*, but i guess I thought that was already apparent.

It is very annoying to be honest. I try hard not send a message when I have nothing worth saying to get to know the person.

So I guess my question(s) is this: Why is it that 1. if you are interested enough to send a message that one doesnt read all the way through the profile? and 2. if i viewed you first and dont send a message, why do you send a message that is so short and simple that it only adds to the reason I didnt start talking to you in the first place?

Just a bit frustrating. The above is also kind of a venting too.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 02:07 AM

THANK YOU.

I have read many inquiries as to why people don't have enough "Christian morals" (my paraphrasing) to send a reply when someone writes them. You hit the nail on the head. Some just flat out don't deserve a reply. I have said it before and I'll say it again: My profile lists things that you can question me about - don't send me "So - how are you?" and expect me to answer. Show me that you have actually read my profile. To me, a generic question says you are pumping out as many emails to as many pictures that you find appealing as you can in a short amount of time. Take a few moments to actually read what is written, formulate something to say, then say it. You'll get many more responses that way.

Nice to see it from this point of view.

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 09:06 AM

Hi,

Yes, I get the same type of emails for the most part. And then there are those who actually read all of my posts before contacting me. That's always nice.

Blessings, Lydia

ian777

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 09:12 AM

They contact you???!!??? :)

Ian

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 11:45 AM

Ha Ha Ha Ian - too funny!

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 02:23 PM

hehe....thanks Ian? and yes believe it or not they do! Be careful my brother. lol

YSIC, Lydia

ian777

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 08:12 PM

Ah - sorry Lydia, I was asking the question more for noghrit; didn't mean to imply I was surprised people would email you - of course they would!

But apparently noghrit's doing something right that I aint :laugh:

Ian

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 31 May, 2009 12:45 PM

Ian,

No worries mate.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 31 May, 2009 01:09 PM

i gathered as much, but i wasnt to sure lol. Yes they do, but like i said, its usually a worthless message that I am not going to waste my time replying to. So i guess that what you said has some irony to it lol.

Lvstigers

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 5 Jun, 2009 01:09 AM

Any messages I get are either like that or, scary, like using terms of endearment, these scare me a bit. I don't think a first message should be full of mush, that rather freaks me out. It can't be sincere either. lol just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in..:) Actually the only response I've gotten on this site is the scary one. :(

ian777

View Profile
History
Why is it...
Posted : 5 Jun, 2009 05:31 AM

Hey lvstigers;

What do you mean by "It can't be sincere"?

I've only tried a few times to communicate with people, and I have been very sincere. Of course, my nature is to joke around too - but so far I've struck out.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ian

Page : 1 2