Author Thread: BREAKING THE SILENCE
Admin

BREAKING THE SILENCE
Posted : 19 Jun, 2015 11:45 PM

So I'm listening to Dj Okawari's Brighter Side, and I think I'm riled enough to spill.

I've been on this site for some time now, and I'm online quite a bit; every time I come on I see all these great profiles, and you think, hmm..maybe I could talk to this person.

type..type.. message sent, and then........................*wind blows across a desolate landscape*

It's kind of depressing trying to talk to people and they don't want to talk back. Now granted that you don't have to, it's your right and I understand that. But it sucks all the same.

Looking at it from someone else's perspective I suppose it makes sense though. Here's a guy from Africa, trying to start a conversation with someone on the other side of the world. 'what does this guy want?' 'Africa? Yeah that's not happening.'

*bitter laugh* Yeah I know it's not happening.

I always thought this whole thing was about finding that special someone, and though we have our own preferences, we could at least not place too many restrictions on the possibility of love.

Thinking about it, I wonder why I even started writing this. Nothing will come of it. Nobody will stop to think, hmm maybe that's a good point, perhaps I should change my perception of things.

It takes a lot to change men, and a few words born of frustration and anguish won't make a dent in anything.

Anyway my original point was this. A lot of ladies have it on their profiles how a guy should say this, and not this and behave in this way and that way. It's fine, nobody wants to have to deal with creepy,obnoxious perverted people.

But the struggle( and yes it is a struggle) to find someone is hard enough without that unsaid air that lurks behind a lot of profiles. You know the one..'this guy has to prove to me he's worth it'

Because I'll tell you now, women are not the only people who get hurt and have gotten hurt in the past. They are not the only ones at the other end of a lying, manipulative, devious somebody. And it is incredibly hard to get up the nerve to talk to someone, and their first responses have a whiff of disdain.

Sometimes guys are the more fragile of the parties. Sometimes things are not all they seem.

Like I said earlier, this won't make a difference, but I committed to airing my thoughts and so I have.

I don't think there's anything for me on here.

Another bitter revelation, I don't think there's anyone for me either.

*Moloko - Forever more*

View Profile
History
BREAKING THE SILENCE
Posted : 20 Jun, 2015 12:56 PM

I hear ya brother and Im sorry that this has happened to you. It happens to me too! It happens to everyone I suppose. We can either immediately get upset and get our feelings hurt(in which I have) or we can keep our eyes on The Lord! If we truly have faith that God will provide what he deems fit for us; we have to keep the faith that it is HE that has removed these people from our path!

Remember Gods thoughts are higher than ours and his ways are higher than ours. Just keep going forth with Jesus! Keep your nose in the Bible. Fill your mind and your heart with His words so that you will moreso understand what is happening . God can make things happen or he can stop things from happening. Count your blessings! Trust in Jesus alone. God answers the prayers of the righteous .

May the Lords grace abide in us all:angel:

antiochus^

View Profile
History
BREAKING THE SILENCE
Posted : 19 Sep, 2015 05:58 AM

So so powerful indeed man. I'm not even from Africa and sometimes I get the same treatment. I have the feeling that what God condemns in the Bible as "Respector of Persons" is thick here. Sure some people have their views, etc however from all the mails I have sent (the admins can check it and all) it has no perverseness in it and infact should encourage dialogue however you get the "seen" effect.

Brother, if your genuine disciple of Christ I can say this (its comforting and frightening at the same time) that Christ WILL NOT allow those things to slide (because he knows the Hearts of all).

All we can do is appeal to Christ now. To help us grow, become stronger and that He will send that lady no matter what race, culture or nationality she is from. That we will be a blessing to her, she be a blessing to us and we a blessing to the world.

Grace and peace bro!

jjones4031

View Profile
History
BREAKING THE SILENCE
Posted : 20 Sep, 2015 07:04 PM

Amen man! God bless you brother and don't give up on finding that lady.