Author Thread: Dating Barriers
hopeerinjackson

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 22 Oct, 2015 03:05 PM

Feeling a little bit defeated and really leaning on the Lord for guidance as I begin this journey. Being 18, I have never dated and looking on a website is nerve racking for me.

I'm a hard of hearing individual and I also have mild form of Aspergers Syndrome. So many times I feel like this already puts 2 strikes against me. Just praying that a guy can accept me for who I am as well as being able to let go and let God lead.

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 24 Oct, 2015 05:46 AM

Don't be discouraged. God made you and you are beautiful!

I believe we just need to focus on our development as followers of Christ and keep pursuing His vision for our lives. Everybody has a unique talent/gift/calling. Find out what your God-given gift is and focus on that. Im sure you'll meet the right person as you seek the Kingdom first! :)

Ken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541DRAZpIfU

eileen808

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 24 Oct, 2015 07:30 AM

Oh you are still very young. I remember feeling the same way as you do when I was 18. But we must first learn to accept ourselves and love ourselves the way we are before expecting others to accept us.

Pray not for acceptance from others but for peace in your heart knowing that you are perfectly made by God for a purpose. He has wonderful plans for you and He will never abandon you.

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 03:34 AM

Hello! Would just like to say you are awesome. I also have a very mild form of Asperger's Syndrome and needing to find different ways to communicate intrigues me. I hate how people write people off because they are different and maybe have some more prominent difficulties. Praying for you to find peace, believe in yourself and find a soulmate, a guy who will love you for this. BLessings, Love, Light, the Lord loves you. May he be your guide, strength and shield, armor always xx Love, Rachael I am here if you ever want to talk.

bissong

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 5 May, 2016 04:36 AM

me get right to the point, I loved your profile and I think that we can have a lot of fun together - why don't you write me back?

bissong

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 5 May, 2016 04:40 AM

i want to talk.

ladyarwen

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 6 Jun, 2016 06:10 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I had something to say to the original poster, and any other woman who feels there is some thing "wrong" with her or that she has "strikes against" her.

Don't think of yourself as send-rate, and don't settle for less. Meaning in the character of a man and the way he treats you.

If any man tries to rush you into a relationship, his behavior doesn't match his words, or treats you like you are lucky that he is with you, run!

No matter what, you deserve to be treated with respect and dignity like the precious princess that you are!

I've learned first hand that it's better to be single than with a man who doesn't treat you right.

sweetworship

View Profile
History
Dating Barriers
Posted : 8 Jun, 2017 01:03 PM

You're beautiful and don't let negative things affect you.

You're young and still have a lot of things ahead of you.

Blessings.