Author Thread: Why does no one ever reply?
Admin

Why does no one ever reply?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2016 10:05 PM

Anyone have this problem? I have been on quite a few sites and have messaged at least 2 dozen people and only ever gotten one reply. Anyone have this problem? It kind of makes me thing no one my age wants any sort of relationship or something? I can see why a few people don't answer, but one out of 2 dozen-ish people...

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2016 05:16 AM

1. Did you check to see if they've been online in the last 24 hours? There are a lot of 'abandoned' profiles on here.

2. Did you check to see if they've read the message you sent? If not, see #1 above.

3. Did you check to see if they still have a profile? IMHO, there are more scammers than there are genuine people on this site.

4. Unfortunately, even some real, genuine, active Christians on CDFF don't have the common decency to reply unless they are "interested" in us. It's sad but true, and tells us a whole lot about their lack of character.

Online dating is not for the faint of heart. . . and, at least on CDFF, we all too often have the opportunity to see the worst in people. . .

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2016 06:25 AM

Yes they are reading the messages. A findly "not interested" would be nice.

I guess there are just as manny horrible people here are there living around me.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2016 11:32 AM

Perhaps you can refine your technique a little.

People do like to be able to match a face to the username.

And I don't know what you write in those opening messages, but a paragraph that shows you've read the person's profile and closes with a question about it is hard to ignore. When I get a message that just says, "Hi, please write to me", I really don't know what to reply!

So ... maybe a little more creativity will help your persistence pay off.

sumaria

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2016 07:38 AM

Funny story about being here, I actually didn't know I had a profile here until this week.

I imagine when I signed on to another dating site, it asked if I wanted to share my profile with multiple dating sites and I responded by a mere click "Yes". It's that simple and easy to have your profile sent to several sites and then not return unintentionally. Keeping in mind life happens ~shrugging my shoulders~.

I never took note after that of all the various sites mentioned.

Well, I don't use my yahoo account often (the one linked to the dating sites) and this week, I was cleaning it out only to discover several emails from this site. I took a peek to see and discovered I had a profile. I was amazed. So obviously I never responded to anyone and now I feel so bad about that.

I updated my profile this week. New pictures and freshened up my profile to reflect the "slightly aged" version of me lol. Which Leads me where I am right now.

I hope this helps somebody.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2016 11:40 AM

Unfortunately I don't know the answer, but I am always slightly amused by the fact that they will always take the time to stop by and have a nose at your proifile...

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 09:58 AM

I get that a few from most women on CDFG every time I send one a message and they read it they don't respond to the message just leave it at that. Secondly, they replied back but it is a bad response such as they are not interested in you and they send you a message saying " Sorry we can't be a good match thank you for taking your time to look at my profile not to be rude or impolite. Don't be discouraged you will find a good woman you will be blessed with love, success, and happiness" it make me angry just thinking about it😠😠