Author Thread: Sstan
Admin

Sstan
Posted : 4 Feb, 2008 11:19 AM

My church teaches that the devil has been defeated, whereas my Christian recovery group says we have to beware of the devil at all times.

It sometimes gets a bit confusing........any thoughts or ideas from anyone?

View Profile
History
Sstan
Posted : 10 Feb, 2008 02:01 AM

God says the devil goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour(1 pet 5;8 ) that means we need to be on guard.The devil has been defeated Jesus did that(rev 12;12)

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Sstan
Posted : 7 Mar, 2008 01:04 AM

yes he has been defeated. and yes you have to be aware.he no longer has(((( POWER ))))-----over death---(( seperation from god)) ,power over hell(( sheol)),,, or power over the grave(( the natural death)).. ```

he is defeated by the death and resurrection of christ, yet he still can hold men hostage until we surrender or yokes have been destroyed by the anointings. I MIGHT GO TO THE GRAVE BUT he doesnt have the finale say,,,,, i was born in sin but the blood has washed me clean,,,,,, i was born seperated from god because of the 1st man adam but now i am born again. if people dont believe that satan is real then watch what happens when someone gets saved or they quit praying. the bible says he will steal the seed from the heart,,, he will plant tares amongst the wheat,,,,, he will come to devour if you may, he comes to steal,,, kill, and destroy..... yes real and alive but defeated through christ as long as we continue to follow him bruce

prettygirl

View Profile
History
Sstan
Posted : 18 Mar, 2008 06:25 PM

HI BABE,

YOU ARE SO INCREDIBLE. I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH. WHAT A GREAT POST. I AM SO GLAD THAT WE ARE US AND THAT YOU ARE MY BOAZ. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART. JUST HAD TO LOOK AT MY HANDSOME BRUCE - I WANT A PIX OF YOU THAT I CAN HOLD AND LOOK AT ALL THE TIME.

YOUR DARLING

Robina

View Profile
History
Sstan
Posted : 26 Apr, 2008 07:39 PM

Jesus says that satan COMES ( so he must be real) to steal, kill and destroy BUT Jesus says I come that you may have life and abundant life. Jesus has given us authority and it is up to us to walk in that authority and be the Ambassador that God needs us to be.

I agree with you Bruce

:waving::waving::waving:

We always triumph in Jesus

View Profile
History
Sstan
Posted : 11 Jun, 2008 07:02 PM

In order for light to be seen there has to be darkness. If we are the light of the world then what would be the darkness if the devil wasn't alive and well on planet earth? I do believe that Jesus defeated death, hell and the grave and that's why we have our promise of salvation. I also believe, as in the very beginning, that we have a choice. The earth is still the devil's domain and he will constantly test our loyalties until the end of time.

sistah

View Profile
History
Sstan
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 11:18 AM

Scripture teaches us that SAtan disguises himself in light, is a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Jesus told Peter that Satan desired Peter that he may sift him like wheat. We must realize that while Jesus won victory over sin and death at the cross, we still must choose. There will be times when we are tempted nd tested. We need to understand that God tempts no one but that we are tempted by our own desires.

We also must understand that Satan is not omnipresent or omniscient. Having said that we need to realize that God is for us, we are weak but He is strong and will defend us. When tempted we mustonly but whisper the name of Jesus and Satan trembles. Keep your eyes o Him no matter what comes your way because we must walk throuh the fail. The hymn says some throught the fire some through the blood some through great sorrow but God gives a song. The song of the redeemed those who persevere.