Author Thread: does anyone like Yanni and also celtic music?
Seuss

View Profile
History
does anyone like Yanni and also celtic music?
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 12:35 PM

I love listening to Yanni's music, oh and Enya too. Their music helps me to relax. I love listening to celtic music too.

I am into Ireland and Scotland, that is kinda why.

prairiewriter

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 03:36 PM

I'm not so much into Yanni as I'm into Celtic music. I have several cd's. I haven't found any Celtic Men singers that I like, but the woman do sooth this savage beast.:dancingp:

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 06:29 PM

Those artists are pretty cool. If you like Celtic (with some rock flair), you should definitely check out Iona. I myself am a music major, and I can say that they are quite amazing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 04:42 AM

I have absolutely the same preferences. Love music which makes me meditate.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 07:36 PM

If you like celtic music, you have to check out Celtic Woman. Another good group is Celtic Thunder (kind of like Celtic Woman, but made up of 5 really cute guys!). For both groups, the music is a mix of traditional, popular, and original compositions.

A good Irish composer is Phil Coulter (he actually write and arranges the music for Celtic Thunder as well). Most of his music is instrumental, or at least the arrangements on his CDs are primarily instrumental.

For a soloist, I really like Hayley Westenra. She's from New Zealand, but has Irish roots and sings traditional and popular music.

A good tenor is Paul Byrom. Right now, he is singing with Celtic Thunder, but he has a solo career between tours. He only has a couple of CDs out, but he said he's working on more that will be released through Celtic Thunder. He has one of the best voices I've ever heard, and he can sing in a wide variety of styles. Hearing him sing live was one of the highlights of last year for me, and I'm going to hear him again this fall.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 11:22 AM

I love Celtic Music! It's so beautiful and makes me want to go to Ireland all the more! I really love Celtic Woman. They're probably my favorite!

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 03:16 PM

I got to see Celtic Woman live in concert in March, and they were incredible! The two new girls are quite good, but of course they aren't Maev and Orla. Who are some other celtic artists that you like? I'm always looking for new favorites!!!